Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GRAUPNER JULES VERNE  (Read 862 times)

JIM WORNER

• Full Mayhemer
  • Not me chief : Engines
GRAUPNER JULES VERNE
« on: January 10, 2018, 02:27:40 PM »

GRAUPNER JULES VERNE WANTED. Probably a vain hope, but talking motor yachts at club reminded me of how much I admired one of these in Malta years ago.
So just in case...
Cheers
Jim W {:-{ 

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: GRAUPNER JULES VERNE
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 03:35:25 PM »

What are you willing to pay for one Jim?

JIM WORNER

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 04:58:23 PM »

Hi Tom,  I hadn't got that far, if there is one out there It will depend on what it is, ie. lovely and shiny, or needing a refit and smarten up.  or even an unfinished kit (rocking horse dropping!!) 
In the end the answer is how much does the owner wants.  I think I remember the kits were about £200 ish.
The real question is  do you know of one, or are you just winding me up ?  (remember it isn't April 1st)
Cheers
Jim

JIM WORNER

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 10:37:50 PM »

Just a reminder that I am STILL looking for a Jules Verne, preferably built; possibly needing "resurection".
Thanks to all who have looked .
Cheers
Jim

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 11:25:52 PM »

Do not give up hope I was looking for a Graupner Gracia sailing boat for 2 years and then I was offered one free gratis!  Took a month to restore but she is lovely.
Roy

Melle

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 01:59:37 PM »

Hi Jim, any luck getting Jules Verne? I am also very keen to find one. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Obviously I am second in line here....

Melle

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 03:06:25 AM »

They do look good as a model .... and we saw one running at Mayhem @ Wicksteed a couple of years back .....

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!"    -   Mayhem FaceBook Group!

JIM WORNER

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 09:06:57 AM »

Another illusion destroyed, never seen one in action before.
Cheers
Jim  <:(

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 09:50:21 AM »

Hi Jim, that boat could be anything, grossly over powered, I thought the same, most model boats have a speed that suits them, I would have thought just nicely on the plane without displacing water all over the place.  After all who wants a boat performing like that near ones own pride and joy! 
A careless moment by the driver and a casual "sorry" is not what a responsible boater should do.  We had to put up with a boater who could not build boats and thought that driving at full speed at other boats was part of the fun, he also fell out with the local model shop who refused to serve him any more and we did not renew his subscription.
I am not saying that the owner of the video boat fits this category but my boats would have been out of the water until his batteries were flat having seen that performance.
regards Roy

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 12:42:25 PM »

They do look good as a model .... and we saw one running at Mayhem @ Wicksteed a couple of years back .....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y7fvqu_-xDg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't think they'd be keeping their gin and tonics and cucumber sandwiches down, doing that speed.

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 12:59:29 PM »

Hi Jim, that boat could be anything, grossly over powered, I thought the same, most model boats have a speed that suits them, I would have thought just nicely on the plane without displacing water all over the place.  After all who wants a boat performing like that near ones own pride and joy! 
A careless moment by the driver and a casual "sorry" is not what a responsible boater should do.  We had to put up with a boater who could not build boats and thought that driving at full speed at other boats was part of the fun, he also fell out with the local model shop who refused to serve him any more and we did not renew his subscription.
I am not saying that the owner of the video boat fits this category but my boats would have been out of the water until his batteries were flat having seen that performance.
regards Roy

With the twin speed 600s on 7.4v it's performance is more as you described Roy.

As an aside I don't see anything wrong with the conduct or driving of the boat in the video, fairly empty lake, doesn't go too close to others.

JIM WORNER

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 02:06:52 PM »

I didn't mean any criticism of the helmsman, just that it wasn't what I expected. 
Mind you I would still like one, then it could just "potter" about
Cheers all
Jim ok2

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 03:33:00 PM »

Hello Tom, sorrry if there was any offence just triggered off a previous experience.  I much prefer seeing a nicely trimmed model boat that gets up on the plane rather than sits into it.  With a smaller boat in the past I remember fitting trim tabs to get the bow down.
I now run very sedate model boats and yachts.  But the Jules Verne and the very similar Constellation are very handsome boats, the nearest I have seen to them is a smaller boat in the Aeronaut range.
regards Roy

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 04:23:20 PM »

As an aside I don't see anything wrong with the conduct or driving of the boat in the video, fairly empty lake, doesn't go too close to others.

we are all grown men and try to treat other sailors as we would wish to be treated.......haven't sailed my models for a year now, due to back problems and the awful summer weather we had last year, but regularly sailed my lifeboats amongst yachts and ICE boats, and we all take notice of each other's models as well as their on, and as long as we all do that, there is no problems at Fleetwood [ one of the few lakes now in this country where the local council will still allow]

I always say it takes two to tango, and if you are irresponsible and get in other sailors ways........they will also get in your way at some point and accidents will happen.......USUALLY UNINTENTIONALLY.

the only time I worry and steer well clear is when dad/mums bring their little ones down with fast electric artr boats.............then I moor up and have a chat, lol..

as I said we are mature enough to accept each other on the lake, and whether or not I or anyone likes a vespa buzzing around the lake at full speed, they are what a lot of people like and are here to stay.

JIM WORNER

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 05:46:26 PM »

OK gentlemen, can I please bring our readers back to the point where we started.
Not only do I want one, but also there is another Mayhemmer wanting one.
If the gentleman who offered me an untouched kit which I could not afford is prepared to consider an offer. please get in touch.
Meantime truth to tell at my age I would prefer a built one.
New readers start here.
Cheers
Jim {:-{

Melle

• Shipmate
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 05:51:23 PM »

Love the Jules Verne...just saw the real boat...got to keep looking for the model! Found one for sale in Switserland but owner canít ship it..... keeping my fingers crossed
Pages: [1]   Go Up