Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Boat Shows, Scotland  (Read 2226 times)

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
Model Boat Shows, Scotland
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:13:46 pm »

Are there any model boat shows coming up in Scotland in 2018 ?

or failing that

Any general model shows where there will be a presence from a club?

david48

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Boat Shows, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 12:21:19 am »

This has been talked about before ,like all shows as you will know they cost a lot and the return from us up here it is not viable , and it is a numbers game . I have travelled to Blackpool which in the big scheme of things is the nearest , I know not much consolation . There is quite a few  boat builders up here even trying to organise a coach to go to Blackpool would be a logistical issue because of the geography  .
That's my thoughts .
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 09:37:21 am »

Dundee has a hobby show each year, initially a model railway show but other hobbies are now involved. Dundee Model Boat Club has a stand every year. Traders are mostly model railway but some boating bits and general tools. Can't give a date at this stage and I have heard that there will be a change of venue due to the local council increasing the fees to use the sports halls where it was held.

Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:38:29 pm »

Thanks,

Will keep an eye open for the one in Dundee - Quite like some of the small local shows.

Blackpool would be nice - but I would have to tie a few things together to make that trip worthwhile

RST

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 10:45:51 pm »

Hello SJG001,

There is a model show each year our way -think around Autumn time.  I'm told it's usually in Elgin but the time I went it was in Lhanbride a few years ago.  It was hailed as the "premier show" in the North East but that time I made it in Lhanbride I'm afraid it was so bad* I almost asked if Dick Turpin could give me my £5 back on the way out!  That said it's a local show and we should support it I guess -I'll make the effort to see it this year.

*apart from the military diorama section which was to be honest was absolutely really superb -but I'm really not into WW2 / military stuff.

Rich

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 07:17:02 am »

Hello SJG001,

There is a model show each year our way -think around Autumn time.  I'm told it's usually in Elgin but the time I went it was in Lhanbride a few years ago.  It was hailed as the "premier show" in the North East but that time I made it in Lhanbride I'm afraid it was so bad* I almost asked if Dick Turpin could give me my £5 back on the way out!  That said it's a local show and we should support it I guess -I'll make the effort to see it this year.

*apart from the military diorama section which was to be honest was absolutely really superb -but I'm really not into WW2 / military stuff.

Rich

Know this show very well - but find the attitude of some of the exhibitors and the people running it very poor. Still as my folks are in Elgin always end up attending just because its local.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.