Mess Deck: General Section > Tugs and Towing

Confiance Class Tug

(1/2) > >>

davem99:
I am modelling the HMS Confiance in her RFA period at 1:48 scale. I have a fibreglass hull and rather old plan. I am looking to find details of the inside of the wheelhouse and would welcome info from any one who has modelled this or any of the other ships from this class.

dodes:
I remember them when in service and they had a twin C.P controller on a pedestal similar to the ones on the Wild ducks on each bridge wing. Plus I do not believe they ever carried them but in event of hostilities they where designed to be fitted with a single 40mm gun on the fore deck.

Shipmate60:
I think I have some of the ships plans.
I will try and dig them out.
Do you have the older hull with the tumblehome moulded in or the older hull without.

Bob

davem99:
Hi Bob
Thanks for the offer.
I have the older model.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Dave

davem99:
Hi dodes
Thanks for the info. "twin CP controllers?" can you explain please? My plan shows two controllers at either side of the front screen - I assume these would be for the winch and davits on the rear deck, in which case they seem to be facing the wrong way.
The model when acquired did have the 40mm gun on the fore deck. I have decided I prefer the vessel when she served in the RFA as I like the buff colour scheme.
There is a rather grainy pic in Bill Hannah's book 50 years of Naval Tugs which is useful as it shows injside the wheelhouse with the wheel etc and an officer with his hand on a pedestal which I suspect would have been the engine controls.
Would you know if the radio room was a separate compartment at the rear of the wheelhouse? The aerials seem to be located on the roof at the rear.
Any help or recollections would be most welcome.
Many thanks
Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version