Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dortmund model show  (Read 5094 times)

Detomo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
Dortmund model show
« on: January 21, 2018, 04:23:33 pm »

Hi  all,
looking to go to the show this year, does any of you can give me any good advice on going about going to the show and how long you need to get round the show .We are going in a motor home so need a campsite within cycling distance if possible {:-{ 

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Dortmund model show
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 04:56:28 pm »

Hi, I have been twice but some years ago, I found 2 - 2 1/2. days worked for me.
Roy

morley bill 1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 04:57:45 pm »

HI not been for a few years but it took two days to see it all last time I was there  Bill...

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 05:54:06 pm »

Two days minimum and there is lots of walking to do the 8 halls. Boats in hall 5. There is a motor home site adjacent to the exhibition centre which is used by exhibitors. I don't know whether visitors can use it but you could ask.

http://www.intermodellbau.de/en/contact.html

Don't Assume Check

Detomo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 07:47:00 pm »

cheers guys ,looks we are flying by the seats and winging it, up for the challenge [ british stiff upper lip, sink or swim ,with lots of queuing  >>:-(

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 08:10:00 pm »

Not sure how the ticket pricing is now but I found that an all week ticket was cheaper than 3 visits and no queueing on days 2 and 3.
Hope you enjoy it and that there are photos on mayhem.
regards Roy

Kevgarth

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 10:53:59 pm »

I've been to the show three times in 2007, 2015 and last year yeah like the guys on here say an absolute fab show. If it's your first time Detomo have a good breakfast which will set you up for the day then its a full on day on your feet but taking in some great models not just with the boats but all sorts of varied subjects. I would suggest nothing less than two days at the show, if you can stay longer well that be a bonus. Please find attached two pictures taken at the 2015 show to wet your appetite I know it's not a boat photo but two planes with a 16' wingspan???

Have a great time
Kevin

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 08:32:36 am »

Contact Ron Deane, he goes every year and has a lot of contacts, hotel etc

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 11:35:01 am »

Hi all the Dornier 10 is quite something, note it has landing wheels, and can be seen flying on
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_j1EP5gwqA

regards Roy

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 12:47:12 pm »

Detomo,

Have just been informed that Dortmund, including the show hall, is now an environmental area. This means all vehicles must have a green environmental sticker (ie low emissions). In effect it means vehicles must be relatively new, especially diesels, to qualify. See here

https://www.tuev-nord.de/en/private/traffic/car-motorcycle-caravan/emissions-sticker/
Don't Assume Check

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 03:49:47 pm »

Detomo,

Have just been informed that Dortmund, including the show hall, is now an environmental area. This means all vehicles must have a green environmental sticker (ie low emissions). In effect it means vehicles must be relatively new, especially diesels, to qualify. See here

https://www.tuev-nord.de/en/private/traffic/car-motorcycle-caravan/emissions-sticker/

That's a bit of a bind............although Flo and I should be OK with our motorhome as we have one of these....

david48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 01:39:05 am »

We stayed at the hotel on the exhibition site so we could walk to the show undercover all the time , we went by ferry from Hull to Rotterdam and drove over to Dortmund all worked out OK for our needs ,once the car is parked we left it there the three days ,as everyone says it takes this to do it justice . I do not know if anyone else has done this but if you walk over the foot bridge in front of the entrance going in to town ,on the left a few hundred meters yo will come to a resturent that is a Mongolian barbecue all you can eat for one price and it's very good . What helped me was Google Earth for the hotel location it shows up as a Best Western but now it's a Mercu hotel
It all worked for me but everyone is different ,maby cheeper accommodation is available but it is not as convenient .
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.