Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 1445 times)

Steve23

• Shipmate
  • Always learning something new.
Hello everyone
« on: January 23, 2018, 07:34:52 pm »

Hello everyone,

Just a few words to introduce myself to the forum.
I've been a modeler since primary school and have tried most disciplines of the hobby during the past 40 years. Currently, my main passion is RC planes of a wide variety and sizes, but I'm now looking to expand my horizons by adding some boats to the fleet as a supplementary discipline. The last boat I put together was some 30 years ago; a Fantome 48" with an IC engine similar to a moped, which I made for a work colleague. Back in those days I also had full size river boat, moored on the Ouse in Cambridgeshire, so I'm not totally unfamiliar with boats and boating terms.

I've not yet bought myself a model, although I hope to do so very soon. I have a shortlist of possibilities and just need to make a decision. I'm mainly interested in Sport Fishing boats and Luxury Motor Yachts and my list reflects this, containing model kits built primarily from wood, wood and plastics, mostly plastics, to what are best describes as almost ready to run inclusive of motor and ESC.

Whatever I decide I look forward to sharing my progress on here.

Steve.

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 07:50:13 pm »

Hi Steve and welcome to Mayhem, all the help you need is at your fingertips, you have skills that can help us.  Especially on brushless motors from the aero side.

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 08:04:18 pm »

Welcome to Mayhem Steve,

As Jarvo says, this is a mecca for information.

I look forward to see what ever you decide to build. If looking for a deviation at any time, I can reccomend MTBs, E-Boats etc as a nippy but historical subject to dabble with. Some lifeboats are pokey as well so you have even more possibilities for a nippy and attractive model.

Pond weed is your enemy

Steve23

• Shipmate
  • Always learning something new.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 12:11:36 pm »

Thank you very much for the welcome gentlemen.

I'm finding it very difficult to choose a model from my shortlist; all are appealing for completely different reasons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.