Mess Deck: General Section > Other Hobbies and Interests

XRAD'S Land Rover D100

(1/7) > >>

xrad:
Yes, I know there is no D100.....until now!  Extended D90. All metal frame, links, driveshafts, axle cases, rock guards, bumpers, front + rear light guards, window guards, and roof rack/rack grill. Working lights, winch, diesel sound, turn signals. Extra heavy custom cut springs(inside shock cases) , rust effect paintwork, steel wheels(w/6mm offset), angry old driver! tow hitch, swing out rear tire mount and machined steel rear door hinges. Oversized 1.9 tires. Brushed 540. I moved the steering servo off the front axle and mounted it to frame. All electronics in cabin. Easy access to esc starter, lipo charging cables, and off road lights from rear door.  Runs and climbs like a champ, but I have to change the pinion to fewer teeth( or different wind motor)...just a bit too fast...

Super fun build! :}

Mark T:
That is awesome - it looks like something that Kpnuts had made and aged!  What make is it?

RST:
Had to take a second look and read before.  Save for the tyre on the bonnet it looks just like the ones I see here up in Inverness (yours is a bit cleaner though).

Superb!

Cheers,

Rich

xrad:
Thx for compliments!

rc4wd /axial brand and chinabay parts, and some of my own parts.....  about 10 companies selling variants of same parts under several name brands....many really good aftermarket options too. 

Parked it outside!

RMH:
Great model the Landy. I am just putting the finishing touches to my RC4WD D90. So many hop-ups/add on's though, when will the spending end!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version