Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bench Disk Sander 125mm from Lidl 29.99  (Read 2379 times)

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Bench Disk Sander 125mm from Lidl 29.99
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 08:05:00 AM »

I cannot get at wherever mine has gone without completely dismantling the machine.

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 06:43:12 PM »

Hello Gents,
 Am so pleased and must be lucky  as I have just put my first disk on my sander and after what's been said on here was so very worried I undid the table  and pulled it off looking at it I could see a metal thread so disk on and table  put back and screwed up  I don't know if it made a difference  but I never stood it on its end, phew so pleased am not having to take it back.
                  Regards Howard.

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 07:49:01 PM »

Finally got round to unpacking the replacement sander, instead of taking the platform off to put the disc on and taking the chance of having the same thing happening again I took the angle platform off and applied the disc. simples, nemesis

mrzippy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 08:38:32 PM »

Problem solved fellow Lidl shoppers -

When you undo the Allen bolt there's a bog standard galvanised nut trapped? in a plastic channel/slot
that disappears as if by magic, or in this instance - the powerful magnets in the electric motor.

Mine did it and completely vanished from view inbetween the ali sanding disc and motor casing,
required a dentists mirror to find it and right angled tweezers to retrive the nut.

Nut is now firmly hot glued into place in its channel/slot !

regards Paul

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2018, 04:57:24 PM »

Problem solved fellow Lidl shoppers -

When you undo the Allen bolt there's a bog standard galvanised nut trapped? in a plastic channel/slot
that disappears as if by magic, or in this instance - the powerful magnets in the electric motor.

Mine did it and completely vanished from view inbetween the ali sanding disc and motor casing,
required a dentists mirror to find it and right angled tweezers to retrive the nut.

Nut is now firmly hot glued into place in its channel/slot !

regards Paul

Good idea,
I managed to pick one of these up today and I have to say apart from the casing they are so simular to the Proxxon version it's uncanny everything is in the same place, switches, speed knob, fixing points even the vaccum outlet is in the same position I would be rather annoyed at buying the Proxxon at around 200 as this even comes with a 3 year guarentee too, I managed to unpeel the disc and slide it behind the platform and stick it on the disc without removing anything just a gentle turn to press it on completely around and I'm good to go

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up