Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIBLET  (Read 1636 times)

GG

• Full Mayhemer
RIBLET
« on: February 23, 2018, 02:21:00 pm »

Well, having perused all the section of this forum, this appears to be best for my latest model.  It is based on Rigid Inflatable Boat types and is about 17 inches (43 cm) long.
I bought a couple of the NQD waterjet units a few years ago, only one was needed but a bargain offer of two was found on the internet.  Since then the spare unit had been laying on a shelf gathering dust, During its last "rediscovery" whilst searching for something else, I felt it ought to be used.
It took many, many discarded ideas before settling on a RIB.  The hull is balsa with a flat bottom from 1/16 inch (1.5 mm) plywood.  The intake needs a flat base to fit on and this thickness of plywood is perfect. The tube around the hull was made from a length of foam plastic waterpipe insulation.  It had to be slit along its length to fit over some balsa strips glued to the deck edges.  So far it has stayed in place despite the occasional bump.
To keep the weight down, I reused some 6-7 "AA" Nimh cell packs which had been used in some RC aircraft model.  With the as supplied motor it is not the fastest thing afloat but the steering nozzle enables it to turn immediately and tightly.  A handy feature since these units only make a noise without any motion when you hit reverse!
Easy to build, fun to sail and never fails to attract attention plus lots of scope for "personalization".  Plans now in the hands of the Editor of Model Boats.
Glynn Guest

missyd

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: RIBLET
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 04:34:32 pm »

Very nice model for beginners and kids .... and it does not break if you hit something.  :-))
Cheers
Danielle

All lost pictures of the N. Loredana ---> visit the following link:
https://nuovaloredana.imgur.com/all/
All pictures can be found on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/fvcorneliamarie
https://www.facebook.com/MpNuovaLoredana/

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 04:43:15 pm »

should of painted the figure as Stig!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 04:44:39 pm »

but i do like that!!! me thinks i might make one of them. i off to peruse waterjets!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.