Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Laser & Water-Jet Cutting

Laser cutting?

(1/2) > >>

david5:
There is a boat I would like to build, I was thinking of getting the frames and keel laser cut, as it’s not a big boat and I’ll have save weight where I can and when I cut my own frames there always seems to be ‘ some rectification ‘ work to do, which increases the weight.

Any ideas where I can get it done and costs,
David5

Stavros:
Try Either Carl at linkspan models or Steve Tranter model boat bits.... as for price ask them

Dave

Neil:

--- Quote from: Stavros on February 25, 2018, 03:53:55 pm ---Try Either Carl at linkspan models or Steve Tranter model boat bits.... as for price ask them

Dave

--- End quote ---

steve tranter cut the frames for this boat for me, and the wooden boat I made for the ambulance service in Guernsey went together like a dream........it was the first wooden boat I had built in  40 years........testament to steve's service......the parts went together so well, it didn't need my usual kilo of filler and after a light sanding a grp mould was taken off it.

carlmt:
If you have the frames already drawn as either .dwg or .dxf files, then the laser cutting itself isn't a great expense (cost of plywood and laser use time).
If no cad files, then factor in an additional time cost for scanning of frames and re-drawing in a format that the laser cutter can read.
Happy to help if needed - drop me a line!
Carl

david5:
I was wondering about the drawing side of it,I thought I might need cad drawings for it,that might be the delay,thanks for the offer Carl.
David5

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version