The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Pleasure boats, Sports, Race, Power and Leisure Boats:

Scratch built 1/32 SS Wilton Castle

(1/3) > >>

kpnuts:

Hi all well since my kit building seems to be getting very shabby i thought maybe going back to scratch building may get them back on track I had a choice of plans to pick from and I narrowed it down to 3 possible

I eliminated the St Louis Belle as I want a fairly quick build not a three yr jobbie also I eliminated the Kitty as it was a little too simple so I opted for the WC

Normally I like to build large scratch builds but due to space I'm reducing this by 50%
First problem is that the keel at the reduced size is very flimsy so I've changed the plan a bit to give some strength.

Capt Podge:
An interesting subject. Will this be a working model or for display only ?

Note: It took me a good 30 seconds or so to decipher that last photo - my first impression was that the stem had snapped and was lying on it's side - another of those optical illusions !  %%

Regards,

Ray.

kpnuts:
Just a display model it's designed for rc if done full size but I'm only going for display.

kpnuts:
Hi all I don't know if anyone has any better methods but this is how I did the rings for the paddle wheels on the Pamela 3

Keep the centre bit to help with centering the spokes

kpnuts:

Hi all this is designed for electric motor rc but since I'm doing it as a display model I thought I would have a go at making an engine for it (Not a working one I hasten to add)
I decided to try and build this for it

Obviously it has to fit in the ship so I've just made it a gazillion times harder as I have to make it a lot smaller to fit in the ship. I thought I would try one of the simpler things to start with, this bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version