Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JJC sound units  (Read 2210 times)

docfin

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
JJC sound units
« on: March 12, 2018, 02:09:51 pm »

Help i have several jjc units can the master be reprogramed for a different engine plus can a gun slew and fire be used without a master or can i connect it to an action electronics sound amp...

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
Re: Jjc units
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 02:26:20 pm »

Hi docfin,

You cannot reprogram a different engine sound into a JJC unit. Some of the JJC units are sought after - you may be best to sell it and invest in a programable sound unit

In theory if you can match the audio output levels from the JJC unit to to the required input of any external amp (Action Electronics included) you will be succesfull.

However the JJC Master Audio output is already amplified and is designed to plug straight into a loudspeaker and not into an amplifier

The gun slew bit is new to me - is that a JJC unit?

C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 03:52:18 pm »

Over the years I have had many of these units but in the later stages many units failed leaving many stockists and modellers with dead items. The master units could no be re programmed. I do not think JJC made gun a slew item the gun sound was a slave unit which without the master would not work. I sold all of my units for spares.

Stan

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 03:56:55 pm »

I agree with Stan the units often failed mainly due to overheating and sadly JJC got a bit of a bad reputation

I have aquired several units that took seconds to fix - sometimes just a short circuit / reversed polarity caused the copper track to vapourise - a simple link bought the unit back to life - other times it was the onboard amp that was U/S - again simple to fix

C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

Dave Cook

• Cookie
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Keep on Rockin
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 04:49:02 pm »

The gun effect or any other JJC effect boards cannot be connected to a external amp due to the clever he designed the ground , however if you have  a JJC amp then you can connect the output from that to much bigger ext amp as in my opinion the JJC amp alone is no way loud enough ,you will still need a small simple circuit to eliminate the dirty noise , this circuit just goes in line to the external amp , i have done this with a Maplin 40 watt amp.
Dave   :-))

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 05:04:03 pm »

Dave,

You have just jogged my memory (ouch - where did I loose those brain cells) - I will contact you

C-3PO

docfin

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 11:20:15 am »

I have 2 of the gun slew they are train and fire slave units 1 is a 4 inch the other 15 inch they allow a servo to rotate the turret then after stopping movement fires a salvo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.