Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Vivace" as a Harbor Security boaty  (Read 2428 times)

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
"Vivace" as a Harbor Security boaty
« on: March 17, 2018, 03:08:32 pm »

Did an upgrade on a NQD toy last year http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,59185.0.html
And to be sure that I did have spare parts for that boat, i did get 2 additional jet drives for it.

By chance i came by a FB group called "The Glynn Guest Appreciation Society" and I recalled that I had seen a GG plan where one of these jet drives were used. So I dug into my stock of MB magazines and found the plan for Vivace  :}

I will update the jet unit with the same BL motor as the NQD, why ? well because I can  %%

And for the first time I'll not use Balsa Cement for the build but UHU Holzleim Wasserfest glue.

My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
Re: "Vivace" as a Harbor Security boaty
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 04:50:29 pm »

Progress  :-))

Jet drive upgrade and the engine compartment done.

My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 04:52:19 pm »

And most of the hull done, just missing the "nose job" wow I do hate to sand balsa the fine dust sticks to everything.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 04:06:20 pm »

Nose job done, and any holes filled.

I'll be using epoxy and nylon stocking as reinforcement. Dope is a hard to get item in DK and it's smelly.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 04:14:42 pm »

Well done playing with the stockings and that was an order from the wife  %%

I'm done with the hull and it ended up with a weight of 144g.

Wrapped it in a nylon stocking and applied some epoxy, it do look nice and know it's just to wait for it to cure.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 10:19:08 am »

Some progress over the last days. The boat incl. electronics and battery now weighs in at 562g, GG estimate that the best weight is about 800g.

Hope to get it watertight before April 7th. where we have the monthly day at the indoor pool.

hama

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 10:56:12 am »

Nice progress!
How did it work with the nylon stockings? I used EzeKote instead of epoxy on my latest balsa build, perhaps I'll try it with stockings next time.
Hama

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 03:40:43 pm »

Thanks  :-)

Regarding the stocking, it gave me some challenges around the nose and at the back of the access hole, I ended up having to use a small bit of P100 to make it looks nice.

Fred Ellis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 12:28:32 am »

Hi
On the stockings front I once had a "X" craft that was made out of blue foam that was covered with a black stocking, using resin and rubbing down between coats I ended up with the best finish I have ever had on a boat.
That's all right, Mr Ryan. My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on Playmate of the Month.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 05:35:01 pm »

Ok gave it 3 coats of Glatfix Porenfüller and 2 coats of sander (primer filler).

The surface is not perfect but good enough for me to continue (I know that I'll be knocking it about), the temperate is still low in Denmark and a snowstorm hit yesterday afternoon = 15cm of snow  >>:-(

Next will be a slight rubdown and then some colour.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 05:47:19 pm »

Well not finished yet but ready for the first water test, first test in the bathtub is promising but the pool is closed due to some breakdown  <:(   but hey they promise 15°c tomorrow so we will enjoy some bread and coffee at the lake and get it tested   :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.