Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planet R6M receiver  (Read 5239 times)

Steerage

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Planet R6M receiver
« on: March 19, 2018, 11:03:49 am »

I'm having trouble sourcing additional Planet R6M receivers at a reasonable price.  I see from other posts that I'm not alone

Has anyone found anything to replace them? 

I found a web page reference to a FS-R6B FlySky 2.4Ghz 6CH receiver for RC FS-CT6B TH9x M3S0.  Would these be suitable?

Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thanks

rsm

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Planet R6M receiver
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 12:22:53 pm »

There are 5 Planet R6M receiver listed on Ebay at the moment.
Roger

Steerage

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 12:55:17 pm »

Thanks Roger,

I have seen them but I think they are second hand and likely to go for serious money. However I have my eye on them!
I was hoping someone may know of a compatible replacement on the market. 

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 01:45:07 pm »

I had a search for Planet-compatible receivers a little while ago and found nothing suitable. A couple of my receivers have given up the ghost recently (OK, they did get a little damp  %) ) and I could see a time when I ran out of receivers for my models. In the end I decided to take out some insurance and bought one of these https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-tgy-i6-afhds-transmitter-and-6ch-receiver-mode-2.html?___store=en_us. The receivers are only about £6 each and I guessed this kit is likely to be current for a few years yet. And the Turnigy Tx is less than we used to pay for a Planet Tx and less than 2 Planet receivers at current prices.

Good luck with your search though, and if you find a solution there's lots of folk here who would like to know!

Greg

Steerage

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 04:00:50 pm »

Thanks Greg,
That appears great value for money - almost too good to be true but probably worth the risk.  Probably less risk than second hand Planet receivers from Ebay!  Hmm, food for thought - Thanks.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 05:49:04 pm »

You can also buy the Flysky version of this transmitter (I believe they actually make them for Hobbyking) from Bangood or other UK suppliers.

Barrie

Mike Fry

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 10:43:28 am »

Hello
Stick with the Turnigy i6, i bought one because the Planet T5 was becoming a bit iffy. It does seem too cheap but it works very well and i now have five I6 receivers. The good points are, it has two rotary controls and a three position switch, just the job for extras. Theres more, telemetry! On the transmitter it gives you the voltage of the receiver battery. A while back i was fiddling with the settings and i got another reading on the transmitter screen, the instructions were not much good. I worked out it was the signal strength so now something which i did not bother about i watch all the time. Now when i pull the sail over against the wind the voltage dips and when standing behind people the signal drops. Not so good points, it feels a little bit cheap (well yes it is) There is no charging plug and the signal is line of sight (still far more than T6\5) If you loose the signal it picks it back up very quick. I use a Spectrum DX6 for big and fast boats and the Turnigy for the blow along type.

Glyn Roberts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Creativity is contagious, pass it on.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 04:45:39 pm »

Hi Mike,  I use a T5 and run big and fast boats, so I was wondering what are the benefits using the spectrum Dx6 over the T5.

Regards Glyn

Mike Fry

• Shipmate
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 05:29:09 pm »

Hello Glyn

The Spectrum DX6 has much more range and it will go through things in the way. The Planet radio is ok but sometimes it will reverse servos and will set off at half throttle. Lots of people have them in my club and a few problems are starting to appear. I use the T5 in my Glyn Guest destroyers now, they are small slow and expendable.

MikeFry..

Glyn Roberts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Creativity is contagious, pass it on.
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 03:23:20 pm »

Hi Mike,   Thanks for the info,  guess that I am in the market for a Spectrum.

Regards Glyn

Mike Fry

• Shipmate
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 01:43:43 pm »

Hello Glyn

Just to complicate things a bit i was going to buy another DX6, as its model memory was full. The new Spectrum DX6 is not cheap, as i use Orange receivers i had a look at their own transmitters. Fine, i ordered one, not in stock. There is a new model coming but not for months, so i got the TGY I6. The Orange one looks better than the DX6 with better features. Its called a T SIX and its out now, once you have a computer radio you wont go back to a basic model.

MikeFry..

Scott1

• Shipmate
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 06:23:12 pm »

Hi folks ..I wonder if you can help.
I have just bought a s/h R6M for my second yacht. OK so far ...I bound it to the boat , and flashing correctly.
OK. Switched TX , and only rudder operated , not sailwinch. , and smell of smoke  !..ohoh !
I quickly removed battery connection, switched all off , and put the NEW RX into my older boat ( boat 1 )...works both servos. OK ..
I'm wondering if my eyesight has reversed polarity of the battery supply , has NOT damaged the RX (since it works in boat 1 ) , AND BURNT THE SERVOS IN BOAT 2 ? when the original R6M is put into boat 2 , it does NOT  operate servos , but I know this RX is working (on boat 1 ).
Cock up ?  Have I damaged the Servos on boat 2 , by gross incompetance , and if so , is it possible they can be resurrected by rewiring back into the servos , with new cables ? . or do you think the servos are toast ?
many thanks , Scott.

bigkim100

• Shipmate
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 02:41:59 pm »

I have one for sale...let me know
 :}

klz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 03:05:21 pm »

Go for the flysky i6 or turnigy i6 same radio cheap receivers and a lot of featuers, one member as flashed his to make it 10 channel seems to work I wont be doing mine as 6 is more than enough channels for me.

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 12:55:49 pm »

Have you had any luck. I think part of problem is new ones ( made for helicopter version, e version I think) do not work with the original 4 and 6 channel system.
I have a quite a few ( more than I need), if you want some let me know, you can have some at £6 each plus postage
Regards. Ken

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 01:00:17 pm »

Hi sorry
Mis read the ones I have are not planet (I have radio link) I parted with my planet ones long
Regards. Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.