Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A MYSTERY OR 2.  (Read 2196 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
A MYSTERY OR 2.
« on: March 21, 2018, 04:20:16 pm »

Now that my steam lifeboat, moulds and plugs have been collected by the new owner, who is going to be finishing off the model I started on here a little while ago, the Atlantic 21 is about to be sprayed and finished, and the MV Jupiter Calmac ferry is going to have a shelf made for her and sit over the fireplace in my front room, I am almost ready to start a "new"  project.

It is going to be something different from the norm in that I am going to be building models of the same class of boat,  but from two different sources. One will be a full kit, with all fittings supplied, and one will be a semi kit, with just bare minimum of basic fittings supplied. And I will be using the full kit to copy [ NOT PLAGIARISE]  the fittings by using plasticard and such materials to imitate the ones in the kit, thus showing others that if you set your mind to it, you too can build a nice model to a decent standard using materials at hand in your workshop.

hopefully at the end of the build both models can go to their new owners who will have a sense of pride in their new boats.

I firstly have to finish the projects and tidy up my workshop to make room, but some might have guessed what the model is, some might not, but having spoken to the manufacturer of the kit model face to face this morning at my home, rather than buy a set of fittings off him for the semi kit, in which case it would become just a clone of his, we feel that this exercise would be of help to both fraternities, and choice of builders.

I'll disclose more in a while. :-))

neil.

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: A MYSTERY OR 2.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 05:11:55 pm »

I firstly have to finish the projects and tidy up my workshop to make room,

Might find the missing chuck key :}

Should be a fascinating and educational project
Old mate

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: A MYSTERY OR 2.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 05:44:58 pm »

Might find the missing chuck key :}
Ned

You do make me laugh matey.............I'll never live that down.............but I did say a tidy up, not a deep clean,  {-) {-) {-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.