Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TWIN STICK THROTTLES  (Read 1598 times)

tassie48

• bikes birds and burnups
  • Full Mayhemer
TWIN STICK THROTTLES
« on: March 23, 2018, 08:32:35 pm »

I noticed some guys use twin stick throttles in the left hand side of their RC gear outside stick is for the two flank motors and the right one for he middle motor is any one using this system and is it successful and easy to manage seems great for multi motor models like tugs Schnell Boots etc   .My question is do you use multi esc one for each stick or a mixer keen to learn more and how good or bad this system is tassie48

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: TWIN STICK THROTTLES
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 10:19:06 pm »

A mixer requires a separate ESC for each prop and uses the input from throttle and rudder to control individual ESCs. Multiple sticks control individual ESCs. Either way each independent prop needs its own ESC.
Don't Assume Check

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 10:32:22 pm »

I noticed some guys use twin stick throttles in the left hand side of their RC gear outside stick is for the two flank motors and the right one for he middle motor is any one using this system and is it successful and easy to manage seems great for multi motor models like tugs Schnell Boots etc   .My question is do you use multi esc one for each stick or a mixer keen to learn more and how good or bad this system is tassie48

from the sound of that set up I would have thought 2 esc and a mixer for the outer props . and one esc for the middle prop .
John

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 12:44:54 am »

When running the Fire boat, the left stick pitches the blades on the port Voith Schneider drive forward or reverse, and
the right stick will pitch the blades on the starboard Voith Schneider drive forward and reverse.

;)

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 03:11:12 pm »

I just bought an Action P40 mixer to install in my first twin screw boat.  Here are the instructions, showing that it can also be used to control 3 motors, as is your case tassie48.

tassie48

• bikes birds and burnups
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 06:58:32 pm »

CGAux25 thanks buddy will do some reading and best of all some learning some thing new trying to down load the you tube video just amazing tassie48
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.