The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Steam

Cheddar Models Test Rig

(1/1)

steamyjim:
Rooting around the workshop the other day and found this - not something you see every day...

I'm sure some of you recall the old demonstration test rigs that Cheddar Models used to have in their showroom with an engine and boiler connected to a propeller in a tank. When they shut down I ended up rooting through their bins and ended up with all sorts of things including one of these. I've just popped it together with a Pelican engine and a Maxwell Hemmens boiler that I had knocking about boatless for the pictures. It's on the to do one day project list!

Liverbudgie2:
Going off on a bit of a tangent, what became of their workshop and sailing pond? I attended to opening twenty or so years ago covering it for Model Boats; I put some pictures up of the day a few weeks ago

It was a really nice facility and most have cost a fortune to build and equip.

LB

steamyjim:

--- Quote from: Liverbudgie on March 30, 2018, 12:39:26 pm ---Going off on a bit of a tangent, what became of their workshop and sailing pond? I attended to opening twenty or so years ago covering it for Model Boats; I put some pictures up of the day a few weeks ago

It was a really nice facility and most have cost a fortune to build and equip.

LB

--- End quote ---

The pond and a large garden railway set up are now in use by the Cheddar Steam Club. The workshop is now owned by a company making fire alarms from memory although I may be wrong on that so the club have built a clubhouse by the pond.

steamyjim:
Here's a link to the club website: http://www.cheddarsteamclub.co.uk/

Where did you post the pictures of the Cheddar opening day, please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version