Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XRAD'S 3D PRINTS  (Read 1727 times)

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
  • Keeper of the Sun Dried Tomato
XRAD'S 3D PRINTS
« on: July 07, 2018, 07:11:55 pm »

For those of you who like 3D printing and RC vehicles, I have posted some of my designs on THINGIVERSE :
https://www.thingiverse.com/XRAD/designs

Antipodean

• Full Mayhemer
  • Madness that floats
Re: XRAD'S 3D PRINTS
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 06:09:38 am »

That tank looks great and the truck parts look like part of a kit. You do amazing work.
I need to get a small printer for parts for my quadcopters and a couple of my boats and I see most of them are available on Thingverse.

What do you mean 1:1 is not a model?

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
  • Keeper of the Sun Dried Tomato
Re: XRAD'S 3D PRINTS
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 01:44:20 am »

Thx, appreciate the comment! The 3d printer (coocheer) on ebay was well worth the money. freeCAD is an easy to use platform. so for under 200 us$  you can start 3D printing your parts.  There is a bit of a learning curve, such as setting up the printer, getting the heat correct, speed, fill-in, and a few other things.  I use an older version of CURA (14.12.1) because it is EASY to use. After a few dozen designs, you learn to create all the little parts you need in a few minutes on freeCAD and load them to an SD card and then print them.  While these are printing, you can be doing something else. 

Newer 3D printers allow bluetooth/wireless  or direct print, but honestly, the version I use is so simple and my designs are not very technical, so that is all I need right now. You can get pretty detailed at 0.1mm resolution....

Here is a pic after some detailing of the Elefant tank....  I am in the middle of writing an RC Arduino code to add some super polyphonic sounds for the engine and a bunch of other things.  You could easily adapt this or many other sound boards to your boat and have some really cool things happening....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0b_fDJZg80
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.