Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tamar battery location  (Read 3555 times)

rg197r27

• Full Mayhemer
    • Lion Park Model Boat Club
Tamar battery location
« on: April 13, 2018, 10:09:38 am »

I am finally getting around to finishing my 1:12 Tamar I was wondering where members have installed there lead acid batteries either forward of the motors or along side the motors please advise

Thanks in advance

Rich

CJ1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tamar battery location
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 12:29:45 pm »

Hi Rich,
I put mine on trays, either side and just aft of the motors. They can slide fore and aft on the trays to help trim the boat. Then held down by velcro straps.
Chris

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 04:06:15 pm »

RICH......you need your batteries as low as possible to stop rolling of the boat especially at high speed turns.

if you are running on brushless motors I wouldn't use sealed lead acid either, but lipo's.......and these could be Velcro taped into the bottom of the hull forward of the motors and speed controllers.

neil.

Flundle (Speedline Models)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 05:12:55 pm »

Rich, if I were you I would put the batteries (two 4cell lipos) up front and as low as possible. The Out-runners for this model (BL4030) will cause lead acids (and maybe Nicads too) to stall internally resulting in the motors pulsing every second.
The Tamar naturally leans into turn so the C of G needs to be as low as possible.
Put the lipos along the keel, well forward of the motors.
Adrian

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 10:13:19 pm »

The model is powered by brushed motors. Each has 2 wires from it's Esc.

Batteries still need to be forward and as low as possible.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 10:33:45 pm »

The model is powered by brushed motors. Each has 2 wires from it's Esc.

Batteries still need to be forward and as low as possible.

YES!!!........that one in the pictures is, but is not the boat that Rich is asking about...........and I think that both Adrian and I are on the same track that Rich from Jersey might be running on brushless and so the point of lipos vs sla batteries was noted.

thought I might point that out to him if he is, as both Adrian and I suspect.

I did, funnily enough know also that the boat in photo is also running on Electronize ESC's which even I know won't take brushless motors as they also only have two wires going to the motor.........comes from having just a little experience of building models in the past that have all run on brushed motors and electronize esc's.........somethings you get used to.

Holger

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 07:59:47 pm »

Hello Chris ..

I too am now the proud owner of a Tamar kit in scale 1/12 and looking for all sorts of information ..[/size]

what did you install for speed engines .. ?? it is not visible in the picture .. and what are the regulators .. ??[/size]

]I have ordered two SPEED 700 BB Turbo for this and looking for the right controller ..[/size]

in the search I came across this controller .. with him I could connect both motors and operate synonymous .. maybe you know him or someone who uses him .. ??[/size]

thanks in advance

Holger

CJ1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 09:49:29 am »

Hi Holgar,
I installed a pair of Graupner Speed 900 motors.
I used a pair of Electronize FR30HZ speed controllers, one for each motor. I hope the simple wiring from the receiver and the individual batteries is evident in the photo.
Chris

Holger

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2020, 04:05:07 pm »

well ..

finally this year is almost over ..

It started with an illness at the beginning of the year and a necessary operation in the hospital .. after recovering, I went back to my job where I was very busy the whole year .. so I couldn't continue building at all .. thank god it was it was a bit quieter in autumn and I could FINALLY continue building again ..

but i used the recovery time and looked around the net for all sorts of information about the great role model .. and lo and behold ..

I found more than what I was looking for .. !!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D O0 O0 O0

I discovered the following two sides ..

https://matterport.com/de/media/2518
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=n8zEKKbKMaG

YOU ARE THE HAMMER .. !!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

there you can look around virtually on and in the boat and even measure everything ..

I found some details that differ from the blueprint and that I now had to change again.

For example, I redesigned the four flaps over the Y.boat .. this time only from 2mm thick plexiglass and the two middle ones are narrower than the outer ones .. and this time also scaled down ..

and the front and rear support of the panels are now in a slight curve .. just like the curved deck shape ..
I also changed the hinges for the plates .. I soldered the two original holes closed .. and had small circles engraved in the hinges in an engraving shop .. that's five because each hinge is attached with five screws on the original .. and they are then countersunk by the thickness of the hinge so that only the round part stands over the plates .. so it is more true to the original and I like it much better that way ..

it's going on again ..

the squirrel eats idle .. :-) :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.