Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > DC Motors (Brushed) and Speed Controllers

MFA Motors

(1/2) > >>

richardabeattie:
The MFA 360 3 pole motor is listed (by Cornwall Model Boats) as drawing 0.5 amps but the MFA 380 is shown as 6.0 amps.  Baffled.

RST:
Have you checked the MFA website? Sonds like one is quoted running, the other stall current?

Rich

unbuiltnautilus:
Prepare to be unbaffled....the RE360 is a 5 pole motor, effectively a short RE385. Which is a lightly wound, low power motor. The RE380 is a 3 pole motor, which is NOT lightly wound and is a small, high speed motor, the same as most 400 motors.
The 360 and 385 types are suitable for the slower model, while the 380/400 types are geared up for faster models, mostly intended for electric flight. They are, however, very good if married up to a reduction gearbox. I used two on the now defunct Mini Olympus units, which were 2.3:1 gearboxes, in a 60" Tribal Class Destroyer on a 7.2v 4000mAh D size battery pack. Got just shy of an hours running out of that model. Had a fair old turn of speed too. I miss that old rust bucket!!

grendel:
the difference between 8000 rpm and 22000rpm I guess.

nemesis:
 Why did they drop the Olympus geared unit ? Excellent item for when the occasion arose. nemesis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version