Mess Deck: General Section > Full Scale Ships

Chris Craft 1958 40' Sport Fisherman

(1/4) > >>

Arjan:
I've recently acquired the old Lindberg 1/16 scale Sport Fisherman kit and I'm looking for pics of the real thing. I think the Lindberg kit depicts the 1958 version with a rare 3-piece windscreen. I've only managed to find these two images :

Bottom left :

There are lots of CC Fisherman pics to be found on the net but apparently no other pics of this particular version. It also seems unlikely that any of the real vessels have survived. Any pics, drawings or other info would be most welcome.

Regards,

Arjan

Arjan:
I've just found a very useful image in a 1960 CC brochure :

Arjan

chum444:
Ryobovich was a very famous builder of sport fishing boats in the US during this period. Rybos were excellent sea keeping boats & therefor excellent fishing platforms. I should know more of the history but there was some level of cooperation or lines stealing between Chris Craft & Rybovich. This 40 ft SF looks to be a part of that cooperation or design theft. I can’t remember another CC that had the shear line of this one. That profile is Rybovich’s.
Inspires me to do the research. %)

Arjan:
Hi, in the mean time I have managed to find some more info and pics which I posted in my build thread here :

http://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=268672&ord=&page=1

Of course any additional info is always appreciated .

Regards,

Arjan

chum444:
WOW! I just composed a long bit of information about collaboration between Chris Craft & Rybovich. It was rejected due to the attachment slightly exceeding the file size. Any way to recover the text?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version