Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XRAD'S BMW M-Power  (Read 1569 times)

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
  • Keeper of the Sun Dried Tomato
XRAD'S BMW M-Power
« on: April 29, 2018, 07:08:44 pm »

Unfortunately, durable on road chassis and bodies go for hundreds, like traxxas 4-tec.  Found a 1/10 china brand redline speed elite nitro touring chassis barely used 38$ on ebay. They don't make these anymore and you can't get parts(however, there are newer varieties of this model, but the parts don't all fit ..like HSP and Redcat). Converted it to electric with a hardened gear and 5mm shaft(using a universal 5mm gear and pinion).  Found another cheap spare chassis for parts and combined the two.  Have to machine a motor mount for 540 brushless. will do that another day.... I really like metal chassis and this one came with anodized aluminum plates.  It's sitting high right now until I raise the A-arms and dial in handling...My spare 'shorty' lipo tucks right between the blue plates. All shaft drive and no belts.

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
Re: XRAD'S BMW M-Power
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 11:03:06 pm »

machined a mount base for the motor mount. worked out fine. Tried 2s and 3s. 2s was perfect. 3s was just a bit too much weight and loss of handling, but 1/3 faster at least!  Maybe a 3s short battery?  Nearly balded 4 tires in 40min of running...fun!

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
Re: XRAD'S BMW M-Power
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 10:36:41 pm »

GPS timing confirms :
2S =20 mph
3S = 31.2 mph
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.