Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Radio Equipment

Re: Receiver aerial setting

(1/2) > >>

hullmanhunter:
I' a newbie to all of this. Can somebody advise me is it possible to mount a 2.4ghz receiver and its aeriel inside a GRP hull? I have a hobby king T6 which I'm planning to use. It seems to work at short range without having to drill a hole and place the aeriel outside. It looks less unsightly this way. All advice welcome.

grendel:
my radio is mounted high up on one of the rear bulkheads (well above the waterline) and works well enough

Martin (Admin):

Don't they have to be 90o to each other .... or something?

Buccaneer:
I have a Futaba system in which the Receiver has two antenna which go at 90 degrees. I mount it as high as possible inside the superstructure (I make Tugs and Cargo Boats) with one antenna horizontal, i.e. parallel to the water, and one pointing straight up. This one sticks out and is mounted inside a short length of 1.5mm brass tube. This can easily be painted to look part of the ship.
John

Netleyned:
The two antenna receivers are aimed at the aircraft users. They operate in a three dimensional way
and the two antennae giv e more chance of a strong
reception in all flight attitudes.
Not so important in the marine environment.
Just don't point the TX antenna at the model as there is very little radiated power from the end.

Ned

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version