Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Glue etc.

PVC to steel

(1/2) > >>

Hotglove:
i have two crew 8” crew figures to sit in my Dumas Chris Craft. I tried attaching magnets to them with 5 min epoxy but the magnets were not strong enough, so obtained some VERY strong magnets.
When I set out to remove the original magnets, they came off with disappointing ease, the new magnets are so strong that I definitely need a stronger bond to hold them.
The irregular shape of the figures means that a resin/putty type compound is needed, so looking for advice.

TailUK:
Miliputt, two part epoxy putty.

Hotglove:
Thank you, I have tried a similar product, Unicorn Steel Epoxy stick, hope it does the job, spent a long time reshaping and painting the crew, would hate to see them get drowned in the lake :-)

Colin Bishop:
Can you not reinforce the joint by pegging the figures to the boat? All the crew on my fishery cruiser have thin metal pins inserted and glued into holes drilled up their legs with the other end epoxied into the model.

Colin

Hotglove:
Thank you Colin I want to use magnets as they save marking the model and give an easy way to display with and with out crew, but I will store your suggestion for a later date.
Next step is to glue some picnic items onto an alloy sheet with fabric in between, torn between epoxy, liquid nails perfect glue, or, from past experience, archery fletching adhesive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version