Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Yacht logo  (Read 2862 times)

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
Star Yacht logo
« on: May 13, 2018, 10:17:39 am »

I recently restored a Star Yacht, Endeavour 3 for a bit of fun and whilst doing some research, came across the common problem some have with obtaining the logo for the deck, or if making a stand.

Luckily the logo on mine was fine so with with a bit of photography and using Photoshop I was able to reproduce the logo into a format that anyone can use if they want to make their own. I actually tried it out by making one for the stand and as you can see below it seems to work so if anyone needs it, I have attached the logo for them to print for their deck or stand and if anyone wants it I can email it as a Photoshop file in higher resolution...  :-)

“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

VANYA

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
Re: Star Yacht logo
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 12:58:12 pm »

Cool.
I just bought a SY/6 Star Yacht, one with a sprit gaff rig as opposed to the normal sloop rig and foresail.

Bit of a display item but I will sail it but pure nostalgia.

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 02:23:36 pm »

Cool.
I just bought a SY/6 Star Yacht, one with a sprit gaff rig as opposed to the normal sloop rig and foresail.
Bit of a display item but I will sail it but pure nostalgia.

Funnily enough it was restoring one of those those for a friend, whose son had played with when he was young, that inspired me to pick up and restore this one for myself The SY/6 is impressive when it's finished ,as is this little fellow, it's easy to understand why they were so successful in their time, well designed and very sturdy little craft.

As a change from my RC yachts, both modern and vintage, I'm just going to try building a Dumas Ace Sloop next, a small free sailer that has a lot of character by the looks of things. There's something about a small free sailing yacht that is, as you say, a great bit of nostalgia and is certainly where I started my model boat career and their simplicity is nice to get back to...  :-)
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

VANYA

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 07:41:28 pm »

My Star yacht is comming down to New Zealand. I suppose that they were sent all around the world, maybe there are some here but you would hardly ever see them.

I suppose I might finish my Vic Smeed Moonmist in the meantime, been a bit of a long project, thinking I would have id done in a few weeks.

Hayden

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 23 queries.