Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A day at the lake in pictures.  (Read 2188 times)

Oh How Original

• Full Mayhemer
  • A noob learning.
    • RC Fun Everyday
A day at the lake in pictures.
« on: May 17, 2018, 07:05:38 pm »

(sorry, not quite sure where this belongs, unless I missed the gallery section, which I might have done)

Got Ray out from his pit to get a bit of sun on his face lol!
Took a few pictures, thought you might enjoy them.

Started off gently with the airboat, the water was a bit choppy and wind was up, but it handled it well enough, the 'arms' on the front are for recovery purposes!

Quickly birdy or it's going to get you!!

Then my old man got the Avanti out to blow some dust off!

Then I was at the wheel of the Blackjack, seeing as my Shockwave had eaten dirt.

The Blackjack seems to handle better with a little bit of rough water than what it does with water like glass, it ran so well!

Then out came the Founder, some adjustments made by Ray, as yet not tested ended in early disaster, turned right fine, went to turn left, it did a straight 180 and nosedived.

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream, if you see a crocodile don't forget to....

The Founder doing it's best impression of the Titanic.

Then a duck decided to do some rather fancy flying above my head, I couldn't get any footage but got a couple of shots of it in flight, a bit boring to some perhaps, but I'll post them up anyway.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: A day at the lake in pictures.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 08:29:18 pm »

Excellent wildlife shots  :-)) I hope your boat dries out OK and with no troubles with the electrics.
Pond weed is your enemy

Oh How Original

• Full Mayhemer
  • A noob learning.
    • RC Fun Everyday
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 09:59:17 pm »

Excellent wildlife shots  :-)) I hope your boat dries out OK and with no troubles with the electrics.

It was full with water but electrics were still working fine, it was only actually dipped in the water, it was just a bit of a misleading picture lol.

zooma

• Full Mayhemer
  • Never too old to learn !
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 03:51:57 pm »

I can see from your pictures that your Blackjack 29 is running well!

Mine is an early  Mk1 with the rounded front shaped polycarbonate canopy. Later ones had a square fronted (comparatively sturdy)  glass fibre canopy to make sealing with tape easier, and removed the need for the clear water protection moulding that sits underneath the Mk1 canopy).

Nice to see the pictures of your  Blackjack 29 - and one that is working too!

Parts are now getting hard to find for my early Mk1 Blackjack 29, so if I ever see another one for sale I will buy it to to make sure I can keep at least one of them running for several years to come!

If I see an advert for a letter model (Mk2 or Mk3)  I think I would be tempted to buy that instead as the rather fragile polycarbonate canopy cover on the Mk1's will eventually become their Achilles heel

Yes - I really like the Blackjack 29   {-)

Bob.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.