Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: when you don't think!!!!  (Read 1856 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
when you don't think!!!!
« on: May 23, 2018, 05:45:57 pm »

an early  visit to a BUPA clinic this morning for an NHS  MRI scan on my knee which I injured a couple or so months ago...….and there I was....

had given the lady operating the scanner my keys and such and then got positioned at the scanner...…….the ear muffs were put on, the music turned on and for the next 25 minutes I listened to the machine crash, bang, pop, bop and any other noise it could make...……..

and then my  notifier on my mobile phone in my shirt pocket under my jumper rang out just as the nurse came back into the room!

she looked at me with a concerned face and said...……...oh i'm so sorry, I forgot to ask you about a mobile...…..

only a muppet like me could take a mobile into an MRI  scan...….a total technophobe....

but what testimony to Samsung...………..the old J3 still works, and no data or memory lost %% %% %%

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: when you don't think!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:28:19 pm »

I take it you weren't all the way inside the scanner, just your legs?  There isn't a lot in a phone that is magnetic but there are some rare earth magnets that, if they were put in a full power MRI, would disintegrate the phone on their way out.  The EM emission on a scanner are very localised so wouldn't effect your phone unless it went right into the bore.  Still I'm surprised it was still working despite getting close like that, good old Samsung.

No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 08:03:56 pm »

Could have been even worse if it had been in your back pocket Neil.....

Colin

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 08:21:14 pm »

Could have been even worse if it had been in your back pocket Neil.....

Colin

the vibrating would have at least given me a thrill...………..although the nurse was pretty damned nice looking, Colin.

was up to my waste, tailuk…….it was a canopy type, with the magnets over, under and to the port side of me, lol.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 08:58:25 pm »

Our local DGH pushed me through their MRI scanner twice recently , suppose they could not believe the first one. No chance of carrying the mobile though , they stripped me and and made me wear one of those diabolical robes with the tie up at the back. Very draughty around the nethers.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 07:24:32 am »

They seem to be dropping the standards - I've had lots of MRIs in the last 5 years and they used to get you stripped and wearing the backwards draughty robe - but the last one a couple of weeks ago, it was basically take your shoes off and lay on the table and off we go.

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 08:33:14 am »

Worst scan  is when you never picked the music and the first line of ' Sinatras  'My Way'' comes on

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 08:57:53 am »

Worst scan is when you've been poked, prodded and frisked to ensure you're not carrying anything metal.  then with your bum hanging out of a cotton nightie you're given a pair of Nicey's old headphones and stuffed into a tube reminiscent of a torpedo tube and bombarded with someone's mix tape which sounds as if it's being played on a wax cylinder. Hoping all the while that someone isn't out there ready to shout "Torpedos, Los!" and send you speeding towards the nearest tanker.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 12:24:29 pm »

It doesn't do have claustrophobia either or to be woken in the middle of the night for your scan which was mentioned eight or so hours previously; same for chest X-rays as well.

LB

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 12:59:38 pm »

The one for heart stress where  they give you a shot that   puts everything on max  bit like a pressure test for  cylinder gaskets.No music just listening to all the bumps and   and stuff knowing the fastest one is likely your ticker

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 02:35:47 pm »

The one for heart stress where  they give you a shot that   puts everything on max  bit like a pressure test for  cylinder gaskets.No music just listening to all the bumps and   and stuff knowing the fastest one is likely your ticker

I always take along a Pink Floyd CD  and ask them to stick it on...…...nice and relaxing stuff...…..always works.

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 03:23:41 pm »

I find that whatever music is on, it's almost impossible to determine what it is due to the fact they overdive the speakers so you get massive distortion coupled with the deafening noise of the MRI - like 180bpm German Industrial Hardcore Dance music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcYwnfwDcCc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.