Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Radio Equipment

Which Spektrum?

(1/1)

tonyH:
Hi All,
Due to the failure of my old, well used, Futaba 4Ex I now need a new radio for use on a steamer. The only specific requirement is accurate end point adjustment.
There seem to be umpteen second hand Spektrum transmitters, using 2.4, on e-bay etc. at around the £60.00 pound mark and there are as many different versions of what appear to be the same thing.Which is the most suitable for boat use?
I noted from an earlier thread that the failsafe system is often dependent on which mode is used so what do I aim for?

OR is there another way?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Tony

tonyH:
Sorry,
PS. I've seen most of the earlier threads on MB and Mayhem about the dx6i in mode 2 but most of it is several years ago. If this is the one, what should I look out for?
T

Umi_Ryuzuki:
Keep an eye on the DSM compatiblity.
First generation DX6i were on DSM/DSM2 "frequency/programming".
Second generation DX6i used DSM2/DSMx.

The DSM are no longer supported, so finding new receivers would be difficult.
However being that both versions of the DX6i supported DSM2, it shouldn't prove an issue.

DSMX is the current supported programming for Spektrum.

If you want to change the mode, it is a simple matter of engaging or moving a spring.

:-)

tonyH:
Thanks Umi and sorry about delay in replying.
That's about the clearest answer I've had so a pal, who is heavily into Spektrum, is sourcing a decent second hand DSMX, Mode 2 for me with a couple of appropriate receivers.
Thanks again,
Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version