Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peffer pond Dingwall  (Read 1245 times)

Darts26

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Peffer pond Dingwall
« on: June 05, 2018, 09:01:46 pm »

Hi, I was hoping to arrange a model boat event here next month but after inspecting the water with an official the planned event is to be cancelled. The pond is teeming with wildlife both on and in the water and any disturbance at the planned time could be detrimental to the eco habitat. Secondly there is lots of possible bloom algae or another variety which would have to be identified by SEPA.

I have been given a contact number for another possibility to be used as a club water but I shall investigate that in due time.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Peffer pond Dingwall
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 11:17:20 pm »

Thanks for lettings us know Darts.   Too bad as it is a nice wee pond. Algae might be a major problem this year with the continuing hot weather.   Hope people keep their dogs ( and children) out of it, fatal to dogs sometimes.  During your searches maybe you could list suitable (known ?) waters for model boating in the area. As an aside , the owner of the miniature railway on Ness islands died recently,the attraction is  for sale.
..well can you land on this?

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 12:18:47 am »

. As an aside , the owner of the miniature railway on Ness islands died recently,the attraction is  for sale.

is that the one with the huge titanic in the garden, arrow.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 07:16:41 am »

No Neil, but the owner of that display has passed away also. There was very little in the local press about that incident, an industrial accident I believe. The two features are a couple of miles apart and not related. The railway gentleman passed away from natural causes. I don't know about any plans for the future of either of the features.
..well can you land on this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.