Mess Deck: General Section > Other Hobbies and Interests

Dinky toys

(1/3) > >>

johnv:
Hi it's John V i used to collect dinky toys .And metal detecting but don't have the time .So will have to have a clear out cheers John V

Liverbudgie2:
I have all or most of my Dinky Toys, Matchbox and Corgi toys together with my 2-8-0 heavy fright Hornby. They are all out on show and I will not be get rid of them either, to do so would be an insult to my Father who had to work long hours to be able to pay for them each Christmas and birthday.

LB

johnv:
Hi well done for you to keep for so long .I am almost 73 so it's time for me to have a clear out cheers John V

ChrisF:
My Dinkys and Spot-On got wrecked in the school play ground doing head on collisions to see whose cars would last the longest. I had a Spot-On Rover 3.5 that lasted well!

I do have a few Corgis from when I was older that are in very good condition.

tigertiger:
I have no recollection of Spot On models, as they went out of production when I was getting into toy cars. I did a quick google search and they have an interesting history. Spot On was a sub brand of Tri-ang, and Lines Tri-ang's owners bought Meccano with its Dinky brand, and as they did not want to run two competing brands, they concentrated on Dinky (bigger seller/cheaper) and dropped Spot On.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version