Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Derbyshire  (Read 1353 times)

rangler

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hello from Derbyshire
« on: August 04, 2018, 12:26:25 pm »

Hi All and thanks for letting me in :)

I'm Keith from Derby and have a long history in both 1/10 electric cars and electric planes more so recently FPV "First Person View" flying.
Started my working career in Electronic engineering and designing battery chargers and relay based ESC's back in the day when car ESCs started moving towards MOSFET design, and obtained my Class A radio Ham license in 1995 and have been playing round with land based robotics for a few years as well, so im pretty well rounded when it comes to electronics and radio theory :)
I've done a few simple boat build in the past even done a couple of bait boat conversions as well for myself and others.

I love scratch building things and im toying with the idea of building a simple tri hull boat with the intention of putting a PX4 running ardurover for some automated mission boating.

It would be very cool to do some FPV boating and give people the experience of being on the water whilst being stood on terra firma.

Anyway enough from me for now, im sure ill be firing lots of questions out once i have started my hull design.

Thanks all :)

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
    • Alvaston Pirates Model Boat Club
Re: Hello from Derbyshire
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 01:43:26 pm »

Hi Rangler, Welcome to fourm.

If you need any help i live in derby.

cheers

johnv

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Hello from Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 09:28:20 pm »

Hi dangler welcome to the forum it's John V .Help is hear on forum if you need it cheers John V
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.278 seconds with 22 queries.