Mess Deck: General Section > Beginners start here...!

Help a Newbie Please?

(1/17) > >>

supaboat:
Due to cost considerations I would like to build a rc boat from foamboard which I can purchase cheaply from HOBBYCRAFT.

Could somebody please tell me which water proof glue to use.
What type of paint can I use.

Lastly, I'm told I Cannot use a transmitter for areoplanes and drones. So, what electronics would you guys suggest for me please. I have a budget of around £150 for the electronics.

Thanks for your help....

ballastanksian:

Welcome to the forum Supaboat!

What type of boat are you looking to build?

supaboat:
Thanks for the welcome.

It will be a bog standard type boat about 50cm long. I've still to design it but have it in my head. Nothing fancy. Hope my vague description sort of helps you?????

Andyn:
You can't use a 35mhz aircraft transmitter, you can use any 2.4ghz transmitter for boat use. Easiest way to tell if you don't know is 2.4ghz transmitters have short aerials, generally around 6 inches. also worth noting you can use 40mhz gear, but these days very few do. 2.4ghz systems are cheaply available from Hobbyking.

Foam board is ok, but won't be durable and won't last long, maybe consider balsa or ply, the more traditionally used material.

supaboat:
Thanks Andyn, would you be able to tell me which primer and paint would be best to use??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version