Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Microprocessor control

OLED display 128x64

(1/5) > >>

C-3PO:
Hello,

This is a 128x64 pixel OLED screen. It's cheap - Approx £5 and in the examples driven by an Arduino

I am playing around to see what effects you could add to a model boat some real others just "smoke and mirrors" animation

Some ideas are radar, sonar, map plotter, Lipo cell monitor... any other suggestions...

https://youtu.be/dNBtVWvabbc

C-3PO

tsenecal:
i am curious how bright they are, can you see them in direct daylight?

C-3PO:
Hi - yes you can see the image in full/direct sunlight - not as easy though as partial shade

This image is in full 28 degree British heat wave sun.

It appears that the camera on my phone is running faster than the screen refresh rate - to the human eye it's a full image where the all lines can be seen but the image should give you an idea

C-3PO

tigertiger:
Cool. Nice potential for shows.

tsenecal:

--- Quote from: C-3PO on July 02, 2018, 02:53:11 pm ---Hi - yes you can see the image in full/direct sunlight - not as easy though as partial shade

This image is in full 28 degree British heat wave sun.

It appears that the camera on my phone is running faster than the screen refresh rate - to the human eye it's a full image where the all lines can be seen but the image should give you an idea

C-3PO

--- End quote ---

28 degree british heatwave you say  :-)   thursday june 28th, high temp here was 105f (40.55 c), with temps days before at 101f and 97f...  but yep, looks like the display should be viewable on a model boat...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version