Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jetty project  (Read 113 times)

freelancer

• Shipmate
Jetty project
« on: July 12, 2018, 02:59:22 PM »

Greetings from Canada's West coast

During my 13 years as a modeler I have been inspired by the mini-harbours created by European clubs, my favorite being the one at ST. Peters in Southern Germany. My friend Bryon Calverley and I do not have the resources to create such dioramas so we decided to downsize our ambitions and build a simple set of jettys which we could set up in a matter of minutes at a local pond. Because the pond had a gradient it was necessary to distance the jetty a few feet from the shoreline to an acceptable depth ( which equates to the height of my rubber boots ). The shorter jetty was designed to accommodate four different interchangeable buildings which match the role of the model alongside. In this way we no longer sail around in circles. The jetty buildings were built from .060 styrene and secured to the jetty by small pins glued to blocks of wood inside each building.
This was not a particularly expensive project but greatly enhanced the fun of sailing our various models. The challenge was to attempt a docking without destroying the model in the process.
Cheers from our local pond.Bryon Calverly and John Callin

freelancer

• Shipmate
Re: Jetty project
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 05:04:18 PM »

Forgot to attach photo of the coast guard jetty and the URL for our BLOG

see more of our models at

longlakeharbour.blogspot.ca

The longer 60 in jetty

Pages: [1]   Go Up