Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Slipway remove pricing & motor pack details from website  (Read 1826 times)

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer

Noticed Slipway have, for some strange reason, decided to remove the pricing for individual kits plus motor and prop size info from their website. Each kit now has 'contact us for price and availability.'  I know times are tough in retail but if all your competitors show their prices, what's the benefit in no longer publishing yours?

People now have to mail or phone in for the relevant price. Since Slipway tend to sell direct, seems a very strange and backwards move to me.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Slipway remove pricing & motor pack details from website
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 06:02:33 pm »

Model Sipway have been winding down their operation into semi retirement for some time now, I suspect this is just a further stage in the process of managing the reduced workload.

Colin

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 09:16:18 pm »

Model Sipway have been winding down their operation into semi retirement for some time now, I suspect this is just a further stage in the process of managing the reduced workload.

Colin
Wow, I did not know that.

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 09:23:34 pm »

Justboatonic, I am in the process of checking the material and manufacturing costs of the kits... Retail prices will be uploaded as soon as I can. I doubt that they will be much different. Availability of kits is still 4 to 6 weeks depending on the model.

Colin, we have been semi-retired since April 2010. Lawrie is "more retired" than I am however we don't intend to stop producing kits just yet!   

Jackie

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 09:26:35 pm »

Justboatonic, I am in the process of checking the material and manufacturing costs of the kits... Retail prices will be uploaded as soon as I can. I doubt that they will be much different. Availability of kits is still 4 to 6 weeks depending on the model.

Colin, we have been semi-retired since April 2010. Lawrie is "more retired" than I am however we don't intend to stop producing kits just yet!   

Jackie
:-))

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 09:30:58 pm »

Good to hear Jackie. I am fully retired but seem to be busier than ever but not necessarily as regards model boating!
But I still have an interest in shipping matters as per this photo taken today!
Colin

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 09:38:34 pm »

Justboatonic, I remember your Drumbeat!
Colin, I spend time on the internet looking at tugs ... Lawrie now looks at motorbikes!
Jackie

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 11:42:28 pm »

People now have to mail or phone in for the relevant price. Since Slipway tend to sell direct, seems a very strange and backwards move to me.

its called direct communication...……...something which is sadly lacking in these days of computer communication...….…..

oh I do love the occasional phone chats from stan and mick and dave, my mates...……..far more entertaining than just wearing my thumb out on a keyboard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.