The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Lifeboats

1/12th scale Trent class kit

(1/2) > >>

Flundle (Speedline Models):
I have been working on a 1/12th class Trent to replace my previous kit which was not very accurate in several areas as many people pointed out.
[/color]So the new kit has a brand new hull moulding with deck of course and a new wheelhouse which fits all the way down to the deck so the joint will be very hard to see.
[/color]So far its looking all right.
[/color]The kit will include the usual prop-shafts, 'A' frames and propellers, pre-bent mast sections, a casting set, some etched brass, rod and tube, a set of widows decals of your choice and a GA.
[/color]Target price is £600 so it will be a straightforward kit. No bells and whistles, (it will probably be nearer £700 by the timeI have finished it but I will try hard).
[/color]Don’t ask me when it will be done, but it should be early next year, if I'm still alive by then.
[/color]I am not taking any orders until I have some in boxes ready to go but If you think you might be interested in one you can drop me a line via my website. So far I have had enough interest to take the risk I think.
[/color]Martin sent me the photo he had taken of a Trent in my first ever show stand at Beal Park, maybe sixteen/seventeen years ago.
[/color]I think it’s a lovely looking lifeboat.

Model_Slipway:
Adrian, nice to see you at the Doncaster show.  It's still full speed ahead then?!  :-))
Jackie

Flundle (Speedline Models):
Well it's full speed ahead with this Trent because I had it almost finished for ages and had told Anne that I would not start any new projects after the Shannon. So since it wasn't new........
I am testing out a 1/8th scale ducted fan Bluebird K7 too which, if it works it will be a real winners (I hope). I blew up a speed controller last week in it but I have a new one in it now, testing on Thursday at Knightcote.
Fingers crossed.
Then that's it. No more new products.
I would like to retire anyway so if anyone wants Speedlinemodels Models, drop me a line!

TomHugill:
Does this mean a proper manual for the shannons not going to happen?

captain bligh:
Hi'ay
I've messaged you a few times regarding a 1:12 Severn class and no replie,I appreciate you've been unwell but could I just ask if there still available and if so how much now please ??
Regards Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version