Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost / Found Tamar Class Model Lifeboat Superstucture  (Read 3024 times)

ads90

• Shipmate
Lost / Found Tamar Class Model Lifeboat Superstucture
« on: July 25, 2018, 09:33:33 pm »

I am the secretary of our boat club and about a month ago I was notified by a member of the public that he had found the superstructure of a model lifeboat on his way home in the Basingstoke area. I now have that superstructure in my possession but I have asked around all our members and locally but no-one has any idea who may be the owner.
It is from a 1:16 scale Tamar Class Model Slipway boat and the build quality is pretty good standard but it has suffered some damage but I do also have the some of the parts. It appears that it might have fallen from the back of someone's trailer behind a car, bike or mobility scooter - yes some of our older members now take their boats to our lake that way. However the Model Slipway boat is 1000mm long and a beam of 320mm and with motors, batteries and ballast would weigh quite a bit. The superstructure of the boat is named but I will hold back on that information until hopefully someone can come along and identify it as theirs.
So if you know anyone who might have lost it near Basingstoke, Hampshire (Southern England for those who might not know where this is) please get back to me.
Alan

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Lost / Found Tamar Class Model Lifeboat Superstucture
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 10:45:22 pm »

This post shows just how wonderful, honest, helpful, reliable and willing to go out of their way to help, 99.99% of the members on here are, and ads90 you are a tribute to the success of this great forum......well done sir.

Charlie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I spend far too much time on Model Boats Mayhem!
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 12:26:03 pm »

Did you ever manage to reunite the owner with their Superstructure?

ads90

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 08:30:26 pm »

Hi Charlie

Despite 'bumping' my post on other model boat websites no-one has come forward to claim it. What is strange though is that with the small bag of bits and pieces that I was given in a small polyethene bag by the finder were items that were not part of the superstructure but would have been attached to the hull. So did the person who lost it pick up the hull but didn't find the superstructure and the other bits ?
It is in my workroom with all my other boats and I keep looking at it and think that should the owner not come forward that I should try and build a hull from scratch/plans and make use of the superstructure. Not my normal boat build but I have always admired the Lifeboats at the model shows we attend.
Alan

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 10:21:00 pm »

Hi Charlie

Despite 'bumping' my post on other model boat websites no-one has come forward to claim it. What is strange though is that with the small bag of bits and pieces that I was given in a small polyethene bag by the finder were items that were not part of the superstructure but would have been attached to the hull. So did the person who lost it pick up the hull but didn't find the superstructure and the other bits ?
It is in my workroom with all my other boats and I keep looking at it and think that should the owner not come forward that I should try and build a hull from scratch/plans and make use of the superstructure. Not my normal boat build but I have always admired the Lifeboats at the model shows we attend.
Alan

being very cynical, it makes me wonder whether the "owner" had nicked the boat and having lost the top dare not show his hand in claiming it :o %)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 05:35:31 am »

Would not have considered it, but sounds plausible Neil O0.....

I could not understand any actual owner not posting the loss on a few WEB sites....would MBM be the largest?.... or other Royal Life Boat type media etc

Would it be worth a call to the local Basingstoke Police Station?......

Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 02:31:46 pm »

Yes it's possible. I did have an phone enquiry a few months ago for a complete superstructure!! The dog had chewed it .. or was it a grandchild had sat on it, I can't remember!  {-)
Jackie

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 04:15:10 pm »

Would not have considered it, but sounds plausible Neil O0 .....

I could not understand any actual owner not posting the loss on a few WEB sites....would MBM be the largest?.... or other Royal Life Boat type media etc

Would it be worth a call to the local Basingstoke Police Station?......

Derek

I  can remember some months ago somewhere where a shed down in the bottom half of Britain had been broken into and boats nicked, including lifeboats...….but can't remember where I saw it and who reported it, but it was a third party reporting on behalf of a friend who didn't have a computer.

spongie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 03:52:50 pm »

Neil, I believe that was lance at Chatham and they were barnetts etc stolen.

furball

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 07:54:35 pm »

‘Twas a Watson 47.

Never did turn up.

Lance

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 11:34:56 pm »

Neil, I believe that was lance at Chatham and they were barnetts etc stolen.

no, the ones I remember were stolen from either a club house or garden shed and somewhere down Hampshire/south coast way
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.