Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fake Imax B6 chargers  (Read 2195 times)

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
Fake Imax B6 chargers
« on: November 14, 2018, 07:48:46 pm »

Bit "xxxxx" off. Can not charge my Lipo batteries on my Imax B6 charger. Ordered some new lipos from Hobby King thinking that was the problem.
 Well after several you tube vids ,good old you tube to the rescue I found out I had a FAKE Imax B6 charger. While they work they are not calibrated and over charge the batteries. This cause the lipos to gas up and kill themselves over time.
 So now going to order a new genuine Imax B6 charger.
 If any of you have a lipo charger I would recommend you check if it is a fake regardless of make or who sold it. They have a habit of killing batteries .
 Note fakes come from everywhere ,some model shops have been known to sell fakes and not realised ,price and location of purchase do guarantee a genuine one. The buyer Must check as so as they get it .

John

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Fake Imax B6 chargers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 10:10:51 pm »

Fake Imax B6 chargers have been around for quite a while. I bought one several years ago thinking I had a genuine article, only to discover that it was a fake. It appears that the genuine models have a holographic sticker on them, whereas the fakes don't. Mine works well on all my batteries, but I don't have any Lipos, so I can't comment on them.

Peter.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 10:15:55 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 10:31:43 pm »

Isn't the B6 getting a bit long in the tooth. Been about for years now, both genuine and fake..must be better stuff out there now, surely??
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 10:48:08 pm »

It has been updated, my iMax b6 expired after 3 years loyal service , killed by a wayward tower extension , i now have  the latest version , the iMax B6 mini , has a whole host of new features imI still exploring , as long as they have the checkable hologram it will be the genuine article.
Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.