Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Wood Care:

Glueing new wooden deck to existing wooden deck

(1/2) > >>

goBulawayo:
Hi All, I want to put a new deck onto a boat I am rebuilding, the old one is a bit tired, full of holes etc - The new deck will probably be 1mm ply as I have some in stock, I am not sure what glue would be best - I have been using Gorilla glue for odd jobs on boats recently and wondered if I could use that?

Cheers Wayne

Footski:
I feel the old deck is bad wood with no varnish or paint finish, you can just use a decent waterproof pva wood glue. That should hold it very nicely.

nemesis:
Good old cascamite, plenty of time (24hr) and waterproof. nemesis

Footski:

--- Quote from: nemesis on August 09, 2018, 06:09:44 pm ---Good old cascamite, plenty of time (24hr) and waterproof. nemesis

--- End quote ---

Blimey, can you still get that?  :-)) :-)) :-))

John W E:

https://www.swanseatimber.co.uk/adhesives-and-tapes/wood-glue/CASCAMITE-Adhesives-Wood-Glue-1-5kg/prod_4023623.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=STP%20Shop%20Merchant%20Product%20Ads&utm_term=4574861725055646&utm_content=Ad%20group%20%231

and also from Amazon and Screwfix sells it

I personally like to use the yellow glue - Titebond glue - from Amazon etc.   I find it works well -

Cascamite I find does deteriorate over years and leaves a white powder when you separate the bond - mind - I am talking 20 years plus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version