Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well August has been an exhausting month for me  (Read 1165 times)

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Well August has been an exhausting month for me
« on: August 19, 2018, 08:21:07 pm »

Hi all August has been a month of mixed emotions and exhausting(hence no modelling) 2 yrs ago my missus finally decided to agree to marry me after 16yrs, on the 11th great.
This yr on the 2nd my dad died.

My missus is from Scotland so we went up to get him on the 4th then I had to contact the funeral directors my mum wanted ( who I have to say have and are being amazing) then there was the wedding ( which was amazingly good (apart from my dad being there which was mentioned in my son's speech(which was also amazing) and evoked a few tears from people) )round to my mum's with my sister's and brother to discuss the funeral (why is it that family only seem to get together for funerals and weddings) this weekend we took Pam's dad back to Scotland I feel physically and emotionally drained I was listening to the radio on the way back and was thinking things like oh dad loved that song or dad would have laughed at that.
Dad's funeral is on Tuesday.
My mum has dementia and another thing I was thinking driving back is how long has mum got.
Feeling very low at the moment, i know I shouldn't being newly married and old enough to know better. I'm just glad Pam is at my shoulder, can't imagine how I would manage without her.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Well August has been an exhausting month for me
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 09:38:36 pm »

Well first of all congratulations to you both, but the main thing I can say to you is you will get through the the challenges you have ahead. I have recently been through a simlar situation with my late mother in law who had dementia, sadly passing away last month. 
It will take a while, but you will get through esspecially as your now have the help of your new wife

P

Steamed up all the time

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: Well August has been an exhausting month for me
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 08:04:29 pm »

Definitly. Don't be afraid to talk about it and don't hold your feelings in.
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.