Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ULCC Models  (Read 1529 times)

Fuglaberg

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
ULCC Models
« on: August 24, 2018, 06:41:50 pm »

Hello group, this is my first post and I'm looking for a little advice.

For years I have dreamed of owning a scale model of an ULCC but never came across anything available and affordable. 

However, I recently discovered the British Pioneer model and was wondering if anyone had this model or knew of any other ULCC models that are on the market?.

https://www.shipmodelsuperstore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=361

I also saw a similar sized model of the Jahre Viking but to me it doesn't look as refined.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Paul

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
Re: ULCC Models
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 07:40:49 pm »

Hello Paul,
 Models by design use to make a fibre glass hull  about 8foot long not sure if they still make them, if not a VLCC, ULCC hull is really just a long box with a bow and a stern put on the ends drill holes in the bottom of the long box so its free flooding  only thing you have to make is the top sides I as a young man worked BP Tanker Company on VLCC,s  most was 250,000 tonners my smallest was a tiddler 115,000 tons was only sea sick once on a Liberty boat ashore in Tokyo bay to Chiba   I would like to make the tiddler BRITISH ARGOSY built on the Tyne.
                    Regards Howard.

Fuglaberg

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
Re: ULCC Models
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 08:47:32 pm »

Hi Howard, thanks for your kind reply.

Ideally, I'd be looking for a ready built model and it looks like the British Pioneer is the closest currently available.  Sadly, a built to order one would be prohibitive in terms of price.

I'm amazed at the size of these ships and would have loved to stand on the outer bridge wings of one to take it in.

Looks like I'll have to make do with a scale model though!.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.