Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Kelly rebuild - video series - enjoy  (Read 1592 times)

johnredearth

• Full Mayhemer
  • Scratch building obsession
    • ScratchbuildwithJohn
HMS Kelly rebuild - video series - enjoy
« on: August 31, 2018, 12:22:27 am »

A labor of love.  I rebuilt a semi destroyed HMS Kelly.  It now has turning turrets powdered by arduino, and lots of other goodies.  A series of 12 or so videos.  I have to say they are good and useful for any scratch builder.  http://www.scratchbuildwithjohn.com/public/kelly-1-intro/

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
Re: HMS Kelly rebuild - John Dutton aka John Redearth
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 10:40:40 am »

Sad news....John Dutton a.k.a John Redearth

I have read on a model submarine forum that John sadly passed away in December 2018. I was aware that John has a life limiting illness and things had gone quiet with no posts or emails in the last months.

I knew John for the last few years through his work with Arduino both on boats and subs. He had something very unique & special which will be sadly missed.

Watching his videos you could not help but warm to him. I reflect with a smile, and a sense of gratitude that I was able to help John make his HMS Kelly gun turrets do their stuff (probably his last project)

I will miss his periodic emails when he got stuck often asking for help with the most creative or obscure ideas, I loved his single mindedness that he was going to make it work come hell or high water

John Dutton (Mr Redearth) RIP our thoughts are with those you left behind

C-3PO

This link will give you a flavour of John's enthusiasm and passion for Arduino in model boats & subs - worth a watch

http://www.scratchbuildwithjohn.com/adding-arduino/
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.