Mess Deck: General Section > Other Hobbies and Interests

Paper Airplanes

(1/2) > >>

tigertiger:
I just found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNg4fDJC8A
Encourages me to play.

I remember back in 2005 I lived in Shanghai on the 24th floor of an apartment building. My wife's old college prof from the USA was visiting, he was in his 70s. We both got drunk and made many many paper planes and threw them off the balcony. We even got one that flew/glided all the way to the bottom (rather that stalling and crashing). The flight lasted for maybe 3 minutes, but I wish we had this guys designs. I bet the cleaning ladies were not impressed, and blamed some kid. Not realizing that the kids were older and should have known better.

SteamboatPhil:
You're going to have a go aren't you...... {-) {-) {-)

tigertiger:
Highly probably  %)

warspite:
made one and it flies straight and true - although I dont have a room big enough, more interesting enough, was the guy who makes paper airplanes - like the Beoing 777 - 300 out of manilla paper, that beige stuff from office world or WH Smiths for folders, the detail and complexity of his model is astounding, he has the undercarriage as a test rig and not only does it retract (manually i must point out) it swivels and the piping detail is amazing, when he finishes the wings they will have panels like the flaps and airbrakes moving, he even has an engine where the reverse thrust operates, to show the inside, he has the cabin top fold out in sections which has the over head lockers open etc, though he does say that he is asked if the seats recline, which he unfortunately says they dont.

grasshopper:
Eh Tiger,
that brings back memories of when I lived in HongKong as a boy, my friend lived on the 10th floor overlooking Causeway Bay and we went through a whole HK telephone book making paper planes and launching them from his balcony trying  to reach 'town'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version