Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > DC Motors (Brushed) and Speed Controllers

Motors in a 1/128th Hardy

(1/6) > >>

cwmitch:

Evening, I wonder if anyone can help I already had a pair of Graupner speed 400's
which I thought would be fine, But they seem a very tight squeeze. I then bought a
pair of Graupner speed 250's which fit fine but seem tiny, Do you think they will spin
M4 prop shafts and 25mm screws?

Double post as I firstly put this in Warships R&D, Before seeing this section.

Cheers Colin

malcolmfrary:
Assuming the 1935 one (there have been a LOT of HMS Hardys), the speed 250s should give the power needed on 2S or 6NiMH, but would probably be happier with smaller, or more lightly pitched, props.  The shaft size makes zero difference, it is the prop trying to turn power into moving water that does the work.
If the 1943 one, probably not enough power.
If the 1953 one, too many motors.

raflaunches:

Hi Colin

Personally I would change the prop shaft size for a M2 as it'll be more scale for a start. If you've already got the props you can get adaptors to change from M2 to a M4.
Hope this helps. :-))

cwmitch:
Sorry yes the 1935 H class Destroyer, I haven't got the running gear yet, George Sitek is making it
for me at the moment .

Onetenor:

--- Quote from: cwmitch on September 06, 2018, 08:01:25 pm ---
Evening, I wonder if anyone can help I already had a pair of Graupner speed 400's
which I thought would be fine, But they seem a very tight squeeze. I then bought a
pair of Graupner speed 250's which fit fine but seem tiny, Do you think they will spin
M4 prop shafts and 25mm screws?

Why not fit Graupner 300 speed motors. Should be very good for scale plus a bit more. John

Double post as I firstly put this in Warships R&D, Before seeing this section.

Cheers Colin

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version