Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Formby Model shop  (Read 1742 times)

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Formby Model shop
« on: September 12, 2018, 03:10:47 pm »

Greetings people,
          In this day and age of the internet and lack of shops on the high street I want to share my experience of dealing with my local model shop "Formby Models". Two weeks before the Svitzer shield comp at Balne moor my Spektrum DX6 stopped working and not sending a signal here's what happened.
   I phoned Phil at Formby models and explained my predicament and the upcoming competition, Phil said bring it down and we'll have a look. I duly took the boat and the TX down to Formby where Phil spent around 30 minutes trying various receivers binding etc all to no avail, he then rang the Spektrum agent and arranged for my DX6 to be sent back to the manufacturers for repair. Cut to the chase, Phil rang me to let me know the DX6 was repaired and back in the shop (bear in mind that I did not purchase the DX6 from Formby models and the repair was done under warranty) saying bring the boat down and we'll set it up. Within 30/40 minutes later I have my tug set up and running for a more than reasonable cost.
     In my opinion Formby models is without question the best model shop I have ever visited and I've been to a lot, it is well stocked and Phil (the owner) and Steve are extremely helpful with a vast knowledge between them of RC.
          Thanks for all your help Phil its much appreciated, I wanted to let members of the forum know how good a shop that you own and run.  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)
            Cheers folks,
                  Pete.Farrell. SMBC.

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
Re: Formby Model shop
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 11:56:43 pm »

I can second what Fastfaz is saying, they dont do a great deal of boat stuff, but, most RC gear is able to work in a boat, support these guys, model shops are getting rear, so use their expertise, talking is free, you might even get a coffee!!!  but support them even with a small purchase.

Mark
Tugs are for pulling
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.