The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Lifeboats

Ann letitia russel

(1/3) > >>

john44:
anchor . What attaches to the anchor, rope or chain, then rope,where is the anchor rope/ chain stored?
Also what type of cleats do the rudder lift and lower ropes attach to.
Thanks for looking guys.

John,

Neil:

these ones for the cleats,  john but to be honest I don't think they were stored on dek…..there were roap bins in the aft and fore cockpits...BUT.……...the way I had to design the kits so that the cockpits lifted out, I couldn't put them in to the boat, as the rope bins were under the decks on the side of the hull.

when I later designed the Watson 46' and the Barnett 51' boats I made the cockpits permanent with lift out floors so that the side storage under decks was a part pf the design, and the rope storage bins went in.

john44:
Thanks for the info Neil, I am finishing off the rigging today then she will be finished.
I will send you a photo.

Cheers mate,

John

Neil:

--- Quote from: john44 on September 14, 2018, 09:33:31 am ---Thanks for the info Niel, I am finishing off the rigging today then she will be finished.
I will send you a photo.
Cheers mate,
John

--- End quote ---

look forward to seeing it...…….looks like my two Watson's are finding a new home after all these years...……….I'll be sad to see them go, but they'll be looked after by the new owner.

john44:
Hi Neil, did you get the e.mail picture I sent, I don't know how to post to the forum using my
I- pad so you could see the picture here.
Could you or anyone tell me how many ceramic insulators there were on the radio aerial wires
Please.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version