Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: York Model Boat Club  (Read 2744 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
York Model Boat Club
« on: September 13, 2018, 10:05:10 pm »

Via email to Mayhem...

Hi,
I would like to introduce you to The York Model Boat Club - http://www.yorkmodelboatclub.co.uk  - which has been growing its membership since its move to the new Lake and the facilities now offered to its members.
I draw your attention to our Website which brings everything up to date. Any queries on any subject to do with our activities we will be happy to answer.
Brian - Chairman.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: York Model Boat Club
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:50:58 am »

Via email to Mayhem...

The York Model Boat Club is situated 12 miles south east of York city centre with its own exclusive use of a very large private lake with three islands covering an area almost twice the size of a football field.

Facilities include The Anchorage ( a cabin with cooking facilities Tables and chairs ) and our Trophy Display Cabinet.
The ORB which is a Round Built Cabin one third of which has a glass frontage facing the lake where in winter one can sail in complete comfort and warmth from the wood burning stove.

Our Club is for free sailing excluding Ic’s and our members sail both Power and Sail boats from a few inches to over 6 feet in length, we also hold 4 Regatta’s during the summer season where Trophies are awarded followed by a Raffle with at least 3 prestigious prizes to be one. Visitors always made welcome to any of our sailing days which are mainly on  Saturday or Wednesday throughout the year.

Our link is www.yorkmodelboatclub.co.uk

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 10:08:40 am »

What a beautiful lake, you are very lucky.

John

Annette TS

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: re-opening of Outdoor Sport York Model Boat Club
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 04:22:47 pm »

With the re-opening of Outdoor Sport scheduled for 29th March after so long under Covid-19 restriction rules. I, and the York Model Boat Club are eager to get back sailing. Withdrawal symptoms have been horrendous  {:-{ . For now however it will be participants only and no spectators. If you want to come do one day sailing with a view to joining the club please contact us in advance. Details are on the Contact Us page http://www.yorkmodelboatclub.co.uk

Cheers everyone and soon you too can go float some boats!
 :}

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 11:07:20 pm »

Hi Annette I totally agree hopefully the data on the 29 of this month will allow some form of limited sailing to resume. The biggest step will be the 17 May if all goes well thirty people outdoors finally June all bans liftied. All of this is subject to the data looking good. We all need to get back to a something like normality it has been a long year.

Stan

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.