Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Radio Equipment

Fair Sky Turnigy i6 RX choice

(1/3) > >>

rayna:
 ;) Hi,
With a number of models now I am considering moving to an TX that has memory for models so I only have to cart one set about and worry about 1 set of batteries etc.
I have been looking about and this set branded Fly Sky / Turnigy 6 ch 2.4 FS/TGY-i6.
Knowing nought about model aircraft and their radio needs except that I know they can use all sorts of programmable functions I am wondering if this model is an appropriate choice for my ships. The price is acceptable and additional RX unit can be got for around $20 NZD.
Feedback please.
regards
Ray

barriew:
No you do not need to rebind. The TX remembers each Rx. I currently have about 10 models on my set-up. Its also worth searching Bangood and similar sites for Rxs.

Barrie

JimG:
Unless you have a need for some complex mixing you can generally ignore all of the special aircraft functions. FlySky/Turnigy have a good name for reliability and are favourably priced. I use a Turnigy i10 Tx for boats and land based models and am happy with it. (I do have one boat which can use up to 8 channels) The receivers are easy to bind and don't need rebinding if you change models. the actual receiver aerials are at the end of  decent length extensions so can be easily placed in suitable positions keeping them above the waterline for good reception. Go with this choice as itit will do the job you need.
Jim

canabus:
Hi Ray
I have two Turnigy and one Flysky Ia6 units.
Setup and programming is the same, only different face names !!!
The mode 1/2 is for IC throttle with no self centering, but, Banggood have a self centering kit for this.
The only thing with the self centering kit install is on power up the transmitter requires all switches and throttle to be in their software standard off positions!!!
Binding each receiver, first setup change from model one to two and setup the model name and save.
Hold down the cancel button for a good five second to save!!!
Next bind the receiver to the transmitter and label the receiver.
Canabus

The Old Fart:
The Turnigy/fsky I6S has only 5 model slots. But it is a nice transmitter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version