Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bait boat Viper MK3s, need some advice please  (Read 1167 times)

david VIPERS

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Bait boat Viper MK3s, need some advice please
« on: September 28, 2018, 02:02:17 pm »

Hi, have been given a Viper MK3s bait boat in preparation for going to france next year, it is not working quite as it should

Here are the 2 issues I have below,

1.   The on/off switch doesn’t work, once the battery is connected in it stays on (assume a missing link?)
2.   Hope I can explain this one correctly!! The controller is a EX6 exmitter, works fine, the receiver is also in good condition, it has 7 slots/ports, connects with the exmitter no problem,  I think my boat has 4 channels, lights, hopper and left and right jets, the problem I have is the controller doesn’t do what I want it to do, for example, if I flip the switch on the controller the left jet works, if I push the right controller forward the lights come on, all works just not as it should as per the controller, I am guessing I need to take out the plugs from the receiver and put them in a different order? Where would I start with this as I have 7 slots on the receiver and 4 channel to plug in, checked the exmitter website but it isn’t clear on what control does what channel

any advice would so much appreciated, I am not the most logical person so If there is a way I can troubleshoot in a more sensible way I am all ears

I may be probably light on the information above, if so please ask me for anything that would help

thanks in advance

chas

• Full Mayhemer
  • now in los montesinos Spain.
Re: Bait boat Viper MK3s, need some advice please
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 02:33:22 pm »

You are right, the plugs are in the wrong sockets in the receiver. Take them all out, then plug just one in, trying each socket until it is correct for the transmitter function used. Obviously you don't need to unplug he correct one again, just repeat with the others until all is ok.
  Don't forget to label them or make yourself a diagram.
Chas

david VIPERS

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 02:35:46 pm »

labelling is a good point and will do that, also a diagram

I did try one at a time but the receiver didn't work, I think the receiver is powered once the connections are in, I will see how many connections are needed to power the receiver up
thank you

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 03:48:27 pm »

you will need the speed controller plugged in to get power to the receiver. so start with that one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.