Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FRACKING!!!  (Read 1598 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
FRACKING!!!
« on: October 23, 2018, 08:26:23 pm »

Well, it has started...… >:-o >>:-(

Fracking began on the outskirts of Blackpool on Thursday 18th October after a 7 year fight to stop it, and at every stage of appeal it was overruled.

in 2015 Sir Nicholas Soames said that fracking would be carried out in low populated areas where upset would be minimal to local population, and stated that because Sussex WHERE HE LIVES, is of high population, it would not be allowed there! I do believe that any part of Lancashire is more densely populated than Sussex, and yet he said that the Trough of Bowland, An extremely beautiful area of natural beauty and well populated by both tourists and sheep, cattle and hill farmers, would be a GOOD PLACE TO START!!!. <*< >>:-( <:( <:(

Since fracking started full speed on Thursday, 5 days ago the local area, including a WHW Horse sanctuary,  business properties and business offices has been subjected to 5, yes FIVE earthquakes and/or tremors! >>:-(

I am not normally political on this or any other forum, as it is usually a waste of time, because no one ever agrees and we just talk round and round in circles,but it is worth knowing for all those doubters that each of these earthquakes registered on or around 0.3 on the Richter scale meaning that they were fealt above ground as well as below, and by the nature of fracking, WILL only grow worse, to the point of causing structural damage to our homes and businesses.

Unless this evil business of fracking is halted…….any county is fair game...……..object to your MP before this becomes a country wide disaster, AND stop it in your county...…….it might be too late for Lancashire but please safeguard your own.  <:( <:( <*< >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: FRACKING!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 08:43:25 pm »

Well, it has started...… >:-o >>:-(

Fracking began on the outskirts of Blackpool on Thursday 18th October after a 7 year fight to stop it, and at every stage of appeal it was overruled.

in 2015 Sir Nicholas Soames said that fracking would be carried out in low populated areas where upset would be minimal to local population, and stated that because Sussex WHERE HE LIVES, is of high population, it would not be allowed there! I do believe that any part of Lancashire is more densely populated than Sussex, and yet he said that the Trough of Bowland, An extremely beautiful area of natural beauty and well populated by both tourists and sheep, cattle and hill farmers, would be a GOOD PLACE TO START!!!. <*< >>:-( <:( <:(

Since fracking started full speed on Thursday, 5 days ago the local area, including a WHW Horse sanctuary,  business properties and business offices has been subjected to 5, yes FIVE earthquakes and/or tremors! >>:-(

I am not normally political on this or any other forum, as it is usually a waste of time, because no one ever agrees and we just talk round and round in circles,but it is worth knowing for all those doubters that each of these earthquakes registered on or around 0.3 on the Richter scale meaning that they were fealt above ground as well as below, and by the nature of fracking, WILL only grow worse, to the point of causing structural damage to our homes and businesses.

Unless this evil business of fracking is halted…….any county is fair game...……..object to your MP before this becomes a country wide disaster, AND stop it in your county...…….it might be too late for Lancashire but please safeguard your own.  <:( <:( <*< >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

I don't agree with you on much Neil, but on this I'm 100%. I can't understand how this has been allowed to go ahead (aside from the obvious vested interests in central government), but it's an absolute tragedy for Lancashire.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 08:45:13 pm »

its a tragedy for every one Tom, unless it is stopped in its infancy. <:(

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 08:51:26 pm »

The United States Government has assured us that "Fracking" does not cause earthquakes.
It is the disposal of the fracking waste water back into the underground substrates that causes the earthquakes.
So we are wrong to cite 'fracking' as the cause of earthquakes.  %)
Toxic water tables and flammable tap water also caused by waste water, not fracking.   %)
Ground subsidence or settling, ... at least  Groningen, Netherlands isn't sinking as quickly as in the past.

:o

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 09:05:05 pm »

I was out with my mate on the Sunday morning after this nonsense was allowed to start, we were in our motorbikes going to Coastriders cafe for breakfast. The route passes the fracking site entrance, when we passed this entrance I noticed a smell like gas and I mentioned it to my mate he had also noticed a strange smell. As for Sussex being heavily populated that is utter b++++++s I lived in East Sussex and it's pure countryside!
    Just a final thought on fracking how do you make sure that when concrete is being laid that all the air bubbles are out and the mix has settled? Simple you use a vibrating poker. Sounds a bit like blasting water through the ground to me!
    Can't see it happening in Hyde park or one of the palaces grounds though.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 09:14:24 pm »

To be contrary, just how much does the confirmed effect of fracking compare with the ongoing damage caused by subsidence from traditional coal mining activities?

Colin

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 09:34:28 pm »

To be contrary,

well. !!!...………..we have grown to expect that from you, Colin, so no change there...... but don't worry, your little part of this country is safe from such disaster, because it's so heavily populated?? {-) {-) %% %% %% 

and I doubt theres any coal mines to subside as it's mostly chalk land if I remember from my geology course at uni,.....and I don't think they mine coal from chalk...…….just the odd fossil or two.  %% %) :-))

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 09:46:11 pm »

Our Nicola has banned it up here.

Just sayin'.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 10:19:56 pm »

Yep, very emotive & decisive .... and important subject.

.... but not much to do with model boats....  {:-{

Locked - Admin
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.