Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Linked Events

• International Model Boat Show: November 09, 2007 - November 11, 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: International Model Boat Show 9 - 11 November 2007  (Read 32006 times)

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
Re: International Model Boat Show 9 - 11 November 2007
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2007, 11:14:04 pm »

hi rc boater i friend of mine went there by public transport. He got the train from oxford to lemington spar then it was a long walk to the show ground on foss way. You could take a taxi or see if there is a bus not sure if any run out that way. I think its stage coach that run the buses up that way you could give them a call.It that last bit thats hard to do sorry cant be more help.

Roger in France

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2007, 06:37:52 am »

I used to live in Leamington Spa and I must tell you that when I did there was little or no public transport which would get you out to the Show. As for walking (which someone mentioned) it would be a very, very long walk.

Now, if I was able to get to the show (but sadly,  am not) I would have arranged to pick you up at the station...............

Roger in France.

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2007, 10:40:10 am »

Buses from Leamington Spa to Southam pass the exhibition centre at least hourly on Friday and Saturday, not sure about Sunday.    I think its a No 63, or 64,   Pete M
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 06:10:21 pm »

From the Meridienne web site - Bus Enquiry Line 0870 608 2608

Barrie

chingdevil

International Model Boat Show at warwick
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2007, 04:40:04 pm »

I was there today, and will be over the rest of the weekend. What a great show, the place was heaving today I could not believe how many people, if they work had the day off. Had a chat with FLJ and flexed the plastic, mixer plus a battey charger. Also had a chat with youngat65. If any Mayhem members saw me and did not talk, why not?? Do I look that scary?? alright do not answer that ;D ;D ;D
I was quite surprised with the place, it looks like a converted barn but it is warm. The food place was very busy, even though I thought a little bit pricey £2.60 for a bacon roll, but that aside very good show.

I have taken some photos which I will pass on to Martin to put where he wants, forum or web site.

If you are coming tomorrow or Sunday see you then.

Brian

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
Re: International Model Boat Show at warwick
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2007, 06:36:15 pm »

yep had a great day to came home poor but happy now I got a week at Skipsea next week great this being retired and in good health
                                                                                                                   Cheers
                                                                                                                          BobB
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

johno 52-11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model lifeboats built to perform
    • lifeboat Models
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2007, 08:44:23 pm »

I was there today on the Lifeboat Enthusiasts' Society stand along with Phil (17-21) and a few more Lifeboat anoraks Where down by the small pool. It seemed quite busy today. If you’re at the show tomorrow or Sunday come and say hello.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2007, 08:51:00 pm »

I intend to be there tomorrow - looking forward to it.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2007, 08:53:06 pm »

We will be there Saturday.   O0

Sorry to have missed you Bob, Have a nice time at Skipsea.

Martin ... 
Any chance of announcing on the PA, a gathering for Mayhem folk at a certain time. Say 1.30 at the small boat pool. Also advertising our great club to the nation. The place must be full of 'Boaties'  (according to  Chingdevil). Perhaps some printed literature to hand out ?  8)  8)  8)

See you all there........................

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

The long Build

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2007, 10:37:59 pm »

How close is the car park to the venue ?

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2007, 11:06:44 pm »

hi there the long build. the car park is a field unless the have covered it. It between 150m to 500m depending on were you park to the front door unless they have changed it hope this is of some use to you. john

The long Build

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2007, 11:14:25 pm »

Cheers.
Just trying to work out if its easier to take eats in ,or leave it in the car..

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2007, 11:23:44 pm »

it would only take you about 5 min to get to the car and back. john

kiteman1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Proud to be a part of the Model Boat Mayhem Forum.
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2007, 06:54:04 pm »

It was interesting to read Chingdevil's comments about the show.  I was there today, flashing my Mayhem badge and the only person who mentioned it was Martin.  It would have been really nice for a Mayhemmer to have said hello. It couldn't be that we are frightened of 'breaking the ice' could it?............. O0 

The long Build

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2007, 07:08:03 pm »

I was there  O0  I did have a sticker but it dropped of with out me noticing.

Met Martin  , cos918 , Wombat (when you could get near the stall it was that busy), No-Mustang at the moment & Hannah

It was a long trip for me 2hrs each way but worth it, some very good displays and plenty of stalls, Not that I was aloud to buy anything. :(

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2007, 07:31:27 pm »

I was there too, nice to meet Martin again and to see Brian (Chingdevil) and several other Mayhemmers. It was quite easy to miss people though, given the number of people there. I even lost track of Martin's shirt for extended periods.  {-)

A very good show though, my fiirst visit but it won't be the last. Now have to wait for SWMBO to go to bed before transferring loot to workshop....

chingdevil

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2007, 08:37:25 pm »

Hi to all I met there today, another good day. The springers had a good outing letting the children a go, I killed another one, I let the magic smoke out of the 540 motor in my new springer, very strange. No mustang thought it was great fun, thanks for your help mark much appreciated.
Action had some new motors on their stall so flexed the palstic, again. Colin I will not have to worry about SWMBO until Sunday {-) {-) {-) {-).

I heard an interesting comment while at the show today, they had a let the children have a go sesion. I put my springers forward and so did another boater, three boats out of the whole show, just three. Afterwards the other boater, I will get his name tomorrow said " how do you get the children interested if everyone is scared to let them use their boats" That is food for thought There were quite a few children who wanted to have a go, and a couple of parents took plans for the springer, so I did my bit in promoting model boating.

All in All a great day.

Brian

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2007, 08:40:35 pm »

What a good day  :) Unfortunately, some little gremlin managed to empty my wallet and fit a load of goodies into my pockets, can't work out how that happened  ???

Lost my Mayhem badge before I got in the door  :embarrassed:  but I didn't se any others apart from wombat on FLJ's stand and he was busy.

However, still managed to enjoy myself.

Spotted Martin in usual pose (no not eating):

and thought this boat was very clever with the hidden rowing action - took me a while to work it out:

Don't Assume Check

wombat

• Full Mayhemer
  • The view from the shallow end of the gene pool
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2007, 08:56:11 pm »

Hi Brian,

was going to let the children use Sally-Anne, but I couldn't find where to sign up or who to go to get the alarm turned off to get the tub out. A weak excuse, but I was all set for it.

Christmas present has turned out to be the Slipway Vac-form tug - it will get a cheap radio and a few kiddy thrills so when I am sailing, any curious kids can have a go. Too often, the boaters can come across as a bunch of grumpy old gits seeing anyone who comes to the lake as an intrusion.

Nice to put faces to names....who is there tomorrow?

Wom
The prat in the hat - www.floatingwombat.me.uk - Have look & say Hi

chingdevil

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2007, 09:06:13 pm »

I am there tomorrow Tim, I am going to keep away from Dave he costs me money. dougal99 that is me standing next to Martin.

Brian

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2007, 09:07:34 pm »

Dougal,

The other guy with Martin helping to take a stereoscopic view is Brian aka Chingdevil.

Brian,

As discussed at the time, a very good point re juniors. I think that at next year's Mayhem event(s) we should make a particular effort to let the children have a go and advertise it well beforehand. There's not much damage anyone can do to the average scale boat by an inexperienced driver, especially if the owner is keeping a close eye. I have a couple of older boats I'd be very happy to be used in this way.

Colin

cdsc123

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2007, 09:14:33 pm »

HSL Mouldings website has already been updated with pictures of their stand;
http://www.hslmouldings.co.uk/

The long Build

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2007, 09:17:25 pm »

and thought this boat was very clever with the hidden rowing action - took me a while to work it out:

Some photos of the workings to the rowboat.. And a picture of a model ?? with Difference.. Tea anyBody.

rcboater

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2007, 10:35:01 pm »

I made it to the show today, too-  it was great!  I'm so jealous-- we don't have "boat-only" shows like this in the States.     I got a chance to see a ton of neat models, and talked with a lot of club members, and managed to get all sorts of little goodies I can take home next week on the plane!

I have a request that I hope some folks can help me with-- in the rush to catch my train to Leamington, I dashed off and left my digital camera in the hotel room!   Arrgh!!!    Worst part is, I'm the newsletter editor for our RC boat club, and I promised the guys a write-up of my trip in the next issue.   If you have a few photos to share, please post them or drop me a line. 

Thanks!

westcoaster

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2007, 10:42:45 pm »

Was very interested to see Wombats reference to Model Slipways' Vac-Formed tug. Could Wom, or any of you who were there give some more detail.
The show seems to have been an enjoyable event - pity it's so far away from Scotland.
Best Wishes
Douglas
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.